Chapter 6

Did my heart just flutter? What the fuck just happened? There was silence for the rest of the walk, it wasn't awkward silence, just silence. I was thinking about what just happened and I bet he did too.

When we got back to the park we sat at the same table we did before when we were studying. We sat down next to each other and George placed his backpack onto the table and I placed the gummy worms onto the table. I quickly unzipped his backpack and took out the stupid baby.

I tried ripping the bottom cardboard tab off to open it but this bitch was sealed so tight.

George noticed my struggle. "Let me try." He took the baby and attempted to open it. "Motherfucker." He mumbled under his breath.

"It's fine we can-"

George chucked the box to the concrete park path.

"Oh my god." I giggled.

George came over to the box and picked it up, checking if it was either open or broken. "It's open!" George grinned, holding the box into the air.

"We didn't break it!" I cheered coming over to him.

George ripped open the box with his hands as I grabbed the ugly ass baby out of the packaging. George threw the box in the garbage and surprisingly didn't miss the trash can. We both sat back down at the table. We placed the baby in front of us.

"How do we make it shit." I turned my head to him then back at the baby.

"Feed it some grass." George giggled.

I ripped out some grass from the field. "Eat child," I stuffed a clump of grass into its mouth.

"yUmMY" the doll malfunctioned.

"Ok so maybe we did break it." I giggled.

"Oh my god," George laughed. He took the baby and forced a ball of grass down its throat. "Let's hope it shits." George grinned, giggling.

"I guess now we wait...." We both looked at the baby that sat on the table for a couple seconds with silence. "You know what." I grabbed the baby off the table and held it by it's fat little arm, it's lifeless body dangling.

I got up and started walking to the play ground that was about 30 feet away from the table, swinging my arm along with the baby. George noticed that I got up, grabbed the gummy worms, and quickly caught up to me. I sat on the swings with George following along. George sat on the one next to me and placed the bag of gummy worms on the ground

"You know how long it takes to have this thing shit itself?" I turned to George.

"Nope, too lazy to read the packaging." George chuckled.

"I haven't went on one of these in a long time." I swung lightly, kicking the bark chips with my feet.

"Me neither," George looked down at the bark chips. "Whoever had the idea to put a bunch of small pieces of wood on a playground for children is fucking dumb. Like it's definitely not gonna hurt when you fall onto a punch of nasty ass twigs." George ranted.

"Falling on those things hurt so bad." I giggled.

There was some silence for about 30 seconds, we could hear and feel the wind brushing onto our cheeks.

"You know what, I don't want this thing anymore. I'm bored of it." I looked down at the baby and threw it at the ground as George laughed.

"Actually," I got up and picked it up and threw it in the garbage nearby, swinging it by its arm and flinging it.

George got off the swing and ran to see if i actually made it into the trashcan and it got in.

There weren't any kids at the playground so I just walked to the deck of the play structure and George followed me. I would say that the deck was about 4 and a half feet off the ground. I climbed onto it, struggling a bit, and sat down. George casually sat down next to me with ease because of his height. Both of our legs dangled from the play structure deck to the ground. George opened up the gummy worms and started eating some. I saw that he was eating some and put my hand in the bag and grabbed some.

The realization hit me, "What about our homework and studying?" I looked over at George.

"We can always do it tomorrow," George smiled then looked back at the sky, admiring its colors as the sun started to set,

"I forgot it was friday." I mumbled to myself, looking up, observing the change in tones and colors the sky was having, it was pinkish and purple.

We both ate the gummy worms and chilled out, it was peaceful. I felt the calmest i've ever been in weeks, no, months, it felt....nice. I took another handful of gummy worms as George ate his.

"I just remembered, I don't even have your phone number." George looked down at me.

"Oh yeah," I took out my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. "Here," I handed him my phone casually while chewing on my gummy worm, "Put your number in."

George typed in his number and added it to my phone. "Here," George gave me back my phone and I put it in my pocket.

We watched the sky for an hour, it was pretty and relaxing. We talked about some other stuff too, like our childhood, favorite movies, songs, stuff like that.

As soon as the sunset we started to get packing and went home. "Bye!" I waved at George.

"Bye!" George waved back.