Behind the facade

JUST CAUSE  U CANT SEE  DOESNT MEAN IT ISNT THERE

                                                                     -One more light (linkin park)

 We entered the apartment and carried him inside  dragging  him to a nearby couch . Xavier switched on the lights and I was surprised by the surroundings , well the apartment was quite nice , it was peaceful interior but It felt cold . Like it wasn't a home but just an apartment . There were some decorations and paintings hanging , well furnished but that's  not a personal touch ,no pictures. From what I could see it was a medium sized apartment with 2 rooms . Just as I was about to look further , I heard someone clearing his throat behind me , I looked around and saw that during my time of wandering around , He had already patched up Jimin and he had a band-aid on his forehead . And he was staring at me . Oh shit This whole time I was looking around the house like a creep . I saw him holding something out to me and gesturing me to come over . So I went to him . "Sit" , he said grabbing my hand and pulling me to the couch beside him . I could feel electricity zipping from him to me . And suddenly he released my hand and started to brush my bangs away . And He cleaned my wound so gently that I never could have thought that this big hands would be capable of . He put some alcohol on a gauge and put it on my forehead . "Ouch", I exclaimed and jumped . He looked at me with concern and murmered a quick sorry and dabbed a little over there again and put a band aid over it . He got up and went to a room  maybe to put the first aid kit way . And I have no idea what I am going to do next . He came back and went to the kitchen , I followed him like a lost puppy . "Are u hungry?" , He asked raising those eyebrows of his . I nodded a little . Ugh I had eaten a long time ago , after the concert maybe . "Pizza okay?", he asked while heating it up . And I murmured ,"yes ". "You two should stay over since  its quite late and you might not find a cab here . Besides , you both look like hell . So crush here and tomorrow morning I will drive you to your place .", he said frowning . Ugh , I am such a stupid , I still hadn't thanked him . "Hey , I am sorry for putting you through this . Don't worry we will go now . We will find a cab and thank you for what you have done" , I said sincerely cause I never expected this much from a stranger . He turned around and looked at me in the eyes and said , "First of all , That guys is in no state to walk and both of you are foreigners .Its not really safe for you ." And then he hardened his gaze and said , "If you think I will be harming you , You have my word and I will take you both safely to your place. " I rushed to clear his misunderstanding , " I trust you , I just don't want to cause you any trouble . " He came to sit beside me and handing me a plate of pizza and said ,"How about you eat this and take a nice shower and have a good rest ,huh ? And don't worry about causing me trouble , Its my duty . " He stood up and came back with some clothes and said , "That room has a washroom attached , These are my clothes . Probably will be a little big on you . "  Then he went to Jimin and slung his arm across , "You finish it up and I will drop him in the room " he said as he saw I was about to get up .

After that while he went to his room ,I went to take a shower . The guest room looked like no one's been here .To say the truth,  his whole apartment looks untouched. Though I have no idea about his room .I guess as he is a doctor so too busy . After the shower ,I just can't sleep though I was dead bit tired . And After tossing and turning for a long time I had no idea when I fell asleep . A loud crash woke me up , I looked at the wall clock and saw it was past 3 . I think the sound came from the living room as I tiptoed my way over there . Oh god don't be a ghost .... I prepared myself to scream Bloody murderer . But the room was the way I left it empty except on the couch lying there was Xav whimpering and thrushing while empty bottles all around him so he might have knocked one off as I saw the broken pieces . He started to scream softly that made me shook out of my gaze and I rushed to him ...I grabbed his shoulder trying to wake him up ..But it seemed to do the opposite and he started to thrash more wildy . So I did the only think I could think of at that moment, and hugged him tightly , slowly his movements slowed but he started sobbing . He was saying something along the line ," No one stays with me , everyone I love leaves me , what did I do to deserve this " My heart broke seeing him in this state though he was just a stranger but I felt his pain like my own ... I never thought that the man with such a cold facade and guarded expression was suffering this much .He was buring in his own hellfire and the world had no clue . After a while I could hear his quite snores and thought I should take him to his bed . Tomorrow morning he will feel like trash . As I took him in my arms , he gripped me tighter . I opened his door and laid him on the bed and turned the lamp on , as I was putting the covers over him and was about to leave , something tugged on my sleeves , "Don't leave me, stay" He whimpered with bloodshot red eyes .So I climbed on the bed with him and was about to turn off the light when something at the corner caught my eye , I couldn't see before due to darkness  but his whole room was surrounded by covered canvases and only one was uncovered and that shook me to my core ..It was my face but Its not me . It's me when I was maybe 10 to 12 , around that age . How can he .. I cant fathom anything . But what I know is that  there is more to this man ... As I stared at his face , he moved and  put his arm around me and put his face against the crook of my neck .. I just laid still as his soft breathes brushed behind my neck but my heart felt warm and I kept staring at my 12 year old face smiling at me among a beautiful swirl of colors ..