Fools In Love

Chris's POV

The booze burned my throat as I downed my fifth or sixth shot

The booze burned my throat as I downed my fifth or sixth shot. I don't know anymore, I've lost count. Hoping it would make me feel numb. I wanted to feel anything other than the deep pain in my chest.

"Well that didn't last long."

I looked over at Robert who literally plopped himself next to me onto a bar stool like he belonged there.
When I called him upset, I didn't expect him to come here. Especially here at the bar.

He smirked at me before flagging down the bartender. "Hey man, make him a strong pot of coffee,ya?"

I wiped away a stray tear and reached for the bottle of whiskey to pour myself another drink. I hissed as the whiskey burned its way down, fixing to pour yet another one. Only to complain loudly when Robert grabbed the bottle from me and sniffed it, sighing and screwing back the cap to the booze, he slid it down the bar away from us.

I groaned and laid my head on the bar, banging it slightly to try and rid her face. "She denied on attending the Oscars together. She said it will look like a publicity stunt for her oscars nomination. This is really how much she cares about me? Was it all a lie?... Everything she's ever said about us being together, all the hopes I had for us, it was all for nothing...Nothing!! I actually told her I love her. I'm so fucking stupid! Stupid!!"

The barman brought us 2 steaming cup of coffees, "Drink I m not gonna say that again." His tone of voice sounded almost angry, which got my attention. I looked at him and he shook his head at me like a disapproving father.

"What are you pissy about?". Uh oh I really shouldn't have asked him that question.

"What am I pissy about? Really? Oh how about the fact that you're acting like a fucking idiot. You are out of your damn mind if you think that girl doesn't love you. Anyone with eyes can see how much she adores the damn ground you walk on. Jesus Evans!"

I really wasn't expecting him to yell at me, or lecture me. "Fuck Downey, remind me next time to call Hiddleston when I'm needing a god damn friend."

He smacked the back of my head."What the fuck was that for?" He turned on the barstool and glared daggers at me. That's a scary look on him, let me tell you.

"If you think Hiddleston will tell you any differently then go right ahead but I must warn you he is ready to beat the shitt out of you. The way you left that girl broken is enough to piss us out of our minds. What were you thinking Chris, you confessed your love to her after having sex and then breakup with her the next moment. You didn't even try to listen what she was saying."