Find My Way

A/N - I m updating after a long time but college kept me busy, thankyou all for being patient and bearing with me. And special thanks to my friend Yara who has been so patient, I dedicate this chapter to you dear😘

Five Oscars (okay so in the story oscars is like a week long event😅) night went away like this, the friends waited for Emma to come out of her room and attend the event, but being the stubborn gryffindor, she didn't.
Everyone was worried sick, but Chris was the worst, he blamed himself every waking moment and Daniel's taunts didn't help either.
He was praying to every deity out there for Emma's wellbeing.

It was the 6th day that Dan had enough of his patience, he will get Emma out of her room no matter what, and boy he was determined.

He got the master key from the hotel reception and barged into her room. He was prepared for a screaming match with the girl but what he saw, brought tears in his eyes.
The suite was covered in dark and was a filthy mess, pizza boxes, ice cream tubs and tissue paper littered the room. It was so unlike Emma she was never messy and definitely not someone to live in such a mess.

But what caught his attention was the shivering lump in the middle of the bed, he thought Emma was crying again, so he went to check her.

As soon as he removed the covers, he came face to face with a sight he never even wanted to have in his deadlislest of nightmares.
Emma's face was red and her whole body was burning up, she was having a high fever and because of that her whole body was shivering.
The groan from Emma made him run into action and he called for the doctor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After the Doctor gave her medicines to bring down the temperature, the shivering stopped.
Emma was sitting quitely on her bed, unable to meet eyes with Dan who was staring unmovingly at her.

The tension was so thick, it could've been sliced with a knife. Finaly after what felt like long hours Emma decided to break the ice.

"I m sorry Dan. I know I've disappointed you but please understand I just don't have the courage to face the world right now. I feel so helpless Daniel"

"Really Em is this you speaking? Am I talking to The Emma Watson? The Hermione Granger? The UN embassador for Women Rights?"

"Merlin what happened to you Emma you have completely lost it over a guy you dated for 4 months, i know time has nothing to do with sentiment.... but how are you letting a guy who stomped over your heart, ruin everything important in your life."

"You are missing out the OSCARS Emma, not only that you are missing it out at the time when you are nominated... Do you even know how huge it is?... People spend their entire life waiting for this one moment and still don't get it, and here you are missing it, why, because you are crying over a guy who didn't give two shits for your love and left you without listening to the whole story."

A sob broke out from Emma, her hands balled in a fist. Waves of emotions passed over her, she felt sad and angry. Yes, Daniel was right this is not who she is, she is stronger than this, she won't let a man spoil her life and of course not the best event of her life. No, she won't cry over her breakup with Chris, absolutely not. If he didn't love her enough to believe her then why should she waste her tears on him.

With this new found determination Emma straightened herself, looked Dan in the eye and gave him a firm nod.

"You are right Dan, I won't cry anymore, I am not going to mourn over a relationship, where the man I loved didn't love me enough to stay and listen what I had to say. I won't let Chris spoil my happiness."