A Broken Heart Bleeds Tears

Emma's POV

My eyes flutter open, trying hard to concentrate on blinking as I adjust to the dim light surrounding me. I see a dark figure hunched on the side of my bed, the outline seemed familiar and as I realised who it was, a gasp left my mouth. My awakening must have alerted him and I come face to face with the man I've been avoiding for the past few days.

"Emma love, how are you feeling? Do you need anything? Should I call the doctor?", Chris was fussing over me like a mother hen.

I tried sitting up, trying to remember the events of tonight and how Chris is here with me. He helps me sitting up, fluffing out pillows and placing them behind me. My throats feels dry as if I've swallowed sand. Chris helps me with a glass of water, telling me to take it easy.

There is look of concern in his eyes and he is gazing at me with those love filled eyes. How can he be the same person who broke my heart brutally a few days ago? The realisation of our breakup crashed down and I jerked away from his hold, his touch burned me.

The look on his face was of betrayal and sadness. How could he be aghast when he was the one breaking up with me.

"Wha

"Wha.. what are you doing here?", I timidly asked avoiding eye contact with him.

"You fainted at the after party, so I brought you back here, you were having high fever Emma."

"Why did you do so? You hate me alright, you brokeup with me? Listen Thankyou for helping me tonight but please leave now, I don't want to see you.", I sighed breathing heavily.

"Emma I don't hate you, I can never hate you. Please listen to me."

"What else is left there to say? Haven't you said enough that night? Or is there something more to say like how undeserving I am of your love, or how selfish I am?", I harshly answered.

"No, no please listen to me love. I made a mistake that night, a grave mistake. Please forgive me."

"Don't.. Don't call me love. I m not your love. If you loved me you wouldn't have said all those words to me, you would've understood me and my feelings, that I really loved you. But you didn't so please just leave now, I don't want to hear anything, you've done enough damage to last a lifetime." and I broke down into sobs.

" and I broke down into sobs