4 - kind and whipped

"You guys met before? That's great. I don't need to introduce then." Xiena smiled and sat back at the sofa. Yuxin took the seat beside Kun.

"On what terms did you choose the bodyguard? I'm going to be protected by a rather petite female? Isn't it a little embarrassing for me?" Kun asked Xiena because imagine this from the perspective of a full-grown man. It's a little embarrassing.

This kinda hurt Yuxin's pride a little. Talking about this in front of her. She almost interrupted him but Xiena spoke instead in defence. "Yuxin is not like any other female. She has black belt in Taekwondo, brown belt in Jujitsu and has a reaction speed of a speed of a lightning. I know this because we tested her. There is no need to praise her manners. I mean look at her and the way she speak. So poise and respectful. She is a perfect candidate according to the terms you set. Also, there will be other security guards if there are too many fans. Yuxin will be beside you at all times."

Laying out the terms like that, Kun has no words to rebut his CEO's decision.

"Don't worry Kun. I won't hurt you." Yuxin added and patted his back.

This caused Kun to flinch at her touch and scooted a little away from her. He saw what she could do the other day. Of course, he doesn't want to get on her bad side. It'll be foolish to.

Yuxin held back her laughter knowing Kun is a little (a lot) intimidated by her. She didn't intend to make him feel that way. It's just the sequence of activities turned out that way.

"Oh my, look at the time. I have a video conference call with a music producer. You guys can go now." Xiena announced as she asked them to leave. Both of them left the room.

"I'm going to the toilet." Kun told Yuxin and turned left. Yuxin followed him behind.

"Are you going to follow me to the toilet?" Kun asked confused.

"I've been tasked to follow you everywhere." Yuxin replied. According to Xiena, Yuxin is to follow Kun 24/7 during work hours.

"Toilet. You want to follow me into the toilet?" Kun asked again because they is no way he is going to pee with a girl beside him guarding.

Yuxin face flushed after a sudden realisation that her words led to a different meaning. "I mean- I won't follow you inside. I'll be waiting for you here then."

Kun smiled and at the shy sight of Yuxin. He then went inside to do his business.

*********

"So, how was the first day of work?" Yuyan asked Yuxin. They are on the phone after Yuxin's first day of work as a bodyguard.

"It's quite okay. Nothing extreme happened." Yuxin replied calmly.

"Hmm really? What about these few days?" Yuyan asked as if she already knew the answer.

"I- It- It was okay too." Yuxin tried to lie but its Yuyan. She sees it through her.

"Are you sure you didn't tackle anyone these few days?" Yuyan asked again.

Yuxin went silent for a few seconds. "You already knew. Don't you? Are you tasked to stalk me?"

Yuyan sighed, "Yes. Boss tasked me to follow you at all times. Also, we took care of the three petty gangsters. They won't bother you again."

This time Yuxin sighed. "Why won't he trust me that I can take care of myself?" She got frustrated. She feels always 'protected' and never allowed to have independence. 23 years of living under his 'care' is making her feel suffocated. His love for her has turned over the top for her.

"You know that he is only doing it because he worries about you." Yuyan tried to amend the situation knowing it will only take a mere more mistakes from Linmeng to turn their father-daughter relationship sour.

"I know but sometimes its suffocating you know."

***********

Today is the commercial shooting for Kun. It will last the whole day in the studio where they have to take photos, commercial video and interview.

"Cai Xukun!" The fans scream outside the photo studio.

"Cai Xukun, Take care of your health!"

He smiled and waved at them before going into the venue. Yuxin and his manager, Shayi, followed him inside.

The shoot started and Kun posed in front of the camera.

"Can I have a bottle of water?" Kun asked.

Yuxin, who was standing near the water bottles, grabbed a few and passed him one. She also gave the makeup artists one each.

The photographer, who just came in after checking the outfits, asked, "What about me? This is discrimination." He joked about how there is none left for him.

Yuxin went out the room.

The photographer thinking his joke went overboard, "Was I too much? I was just joking." The atmosphere in the makeup room suddenly went tense.

"I'm not sure too. She was fine a few minutes ago." Kun commented.

10 minutes later, Yuxin came back to the room.

"For, you." She handed the photographer a bottle of coke and smiled.

"I thought I pissed you off. Never thought you went out to take it for me." He told her touching his heart with the softest expression.

Yuxin laughed, "Why would I be pissed? Enjoy your cold soda."

"I feel so touched. Meimei, I can tell you will make it. I see success in you." He patted her shoulder and drank the coke.

"Gege, I will remember your words." Yuxin grinned.

The photographer observed her while drinking his coke. "You have really pretty features. During the break, can I take some photos of you?" He asked for permission.

"Me? You mean me?" Yuxin asked him again for confirmation. Living as the daughter of one of the scariest men in China, no one actually dared to compliment or even speak to her except her childhood friends.

"Yeah, if you agree, I'll ask the stylist for an outfit and the makeup artist for a simple quick makeup." He asked enthusiastically hoping she say yes.

"I- I'm currently working so I might need to get permission from Kun and his manager." She said unsure whether they will be pleasant with such an intrusion during working hours.

"Don't worry about it. I'll ask Kunkun." The photographer winked and walked towards Kun.

After exchanging a few words with Kun, he came back to Yuxin. "It's all set." He called the makeup artist over. "Please give this lady a little bit of touch up and style her hair."

Yuxin gulped after hearing it because she has never applied makeup before. She took a deep breath before sitting at the chair.

"You have really pretty eyes." The makeup artist complimented her very doe-like eyes.

"T-Thanks, Jiejie. You are very pretty too." Yuxin smiled as she complimented her back.

"You are too nice. Now, I'm shy." The makeup artist blushed and continued with the makeup.

Kun walked in the room and heard the conversation. "So, first day of work and you already got everyone wrapped around your finger." He took a seat at the sofa while he wait for his lunch.

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone is whipped for you on set. I'm jealous."