17 - why and how

KUN

I picked up my phone after it rang for like 10 times. "CAI XUKUN, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CALLED YOU?" Xiena screamed through the phone.

He looked back at the screen. "Maybe about 10 times?" He mumbled.

She sighed, "You have a dating scandal. What no a cheating scandal."

I shot up from my bed. "Wait, what do you mean? With who?"

"A cctv video leaked through the tabloids of you kiss someone in front of your apartment. And people are saying it's not Shuxin." Xiena said through the phone.

I quickly searched the interview for the article. Trending 1. Fuck.

I opened the video to see me kissing Yuxin's forehead who was wearing a hoodie with her hood up and only her partial side profile seen through the video.

I massaged my temples because we were careless. I was careless. "What do we do?"

"Are you dating with the person in the video?"

"Yes."

"What is her name?"

"Liu Yuxin."

Xiena screamed through the phone. I almost went deaf. I swear. "Why are you so loud?" I sighed.

"This is not a joke. Cai Xukun. You will be named Nation's cheater if this gets out and especially with your bodyguard and assistant. Also, Yuxin is..." Xiena said after calming herself down.

"I'll call you back." I ended the call because I need to talk to Yuxin.

I called her. "The person you have dailed has turned off her phone."

Where are you? Her phone has been off since yesterday.

I wanted to ask her if she wants to go public with me. Making use of the situation and explain everything to the fans.

Then, I received a text message.

Unknown: Liu Yuxin is Xin Liu. The daughter of Linmeng, the leader of Umbrella Gang.

I laughed at the message. There is no way she is part of a triad. How is it possible? She is so kind and nice.

But...

Her fighting skills. Then, I replayed the scene in my mind. She ran away from home. She had stacks of cash when I met her. Also, she is hiding her parents from me. It sort of adds up.

I called up Xiena. "Help me do a background check on Yuxin."

"No need to. I can answer." Xiena took a deep breath before answering.

"So, its true? She is really part of an illegal crime organisation?" I asked her gritting my teeth.

There is silence.

"I know the answer now."

How can she hide this from me?

***********

YUXIN

I felt nauseous when I woke up. I massaged my temples while closing my eyes shut. I've been feeling this for the past few days.

I strolled to the bathroom to wash my face.

Yuyan knocked the door and came in. "Breakfast is here."

I smiled and went out the room. "Yanyan-zi." I hugged her. Since yesterday, I've been trying to act as charming as possible to give me my phone back. And I think it's starting to work.

"No, Yuxin. Boss orders." Her mouth set in a hard line.

I pouted and took the salmon sandwich in my mouth. After chewing a few times, the fishy and jelly-like texture is making me want to vomit. I ran to the bathroom to vomit out the sandwich. I felt sick in the stomach and continued to cough out the unwanted feeling.

Yuyan came beside me massaging my back. "Yuxin, are you okay? That's why I told you to eat slowly." She nagged me.

But it's not that. "Yuyan, I need you to help me buy something."

A while later Yuyan came back with several boxes of pregnancy tests. "Pee on all of them."

I sighed looking at all of them. I went into the toilet.

I took out the first one and peed on it. I closed my eyes shut not daring to look at it. I wasn't ready to face the truth. Before opening my eyes, different scenarios played through my brain. What if he doesn't want it? Do I want it? We used protection. It shouldn't be. I snickered. I'm probably just paranoid.

I opened my eyes to see one red line.

I laughed. Of course, it's just one line. But I felt a little disappointed. Because I also did imagine us playing together. Three of us together as a family.

I opened another box. While peeing, I stared at the previous kit and saw a little faint second line. "No."

I waited for the second kit. I don't have a religion. But I started praying. I'm praying for the best. Scenarios started playing in my head again.

I took a deep breath and looked at the second kit.

Two lines.

I'm pregnant.

The world started spinning. I clenched my shirt touching my belly of this weird feeling. There is a person growing literally inside me. Tears began to fell unwanted.

"Baby, why do you have to come at such a bad timing?"

I started sobbing. All the problems and burdens are weighing on me all at once. How am I supposed to tell him? I haven't even tell him the other lie. What if he hates me after I tell him? What if he doesn't want it? What if he leaves me? What if he doesn't want to see me anymore? I don't want to do it. I can't do it.

But I have to. I can't run away from it.

I slowly rubbed my lower abdomen.

"Don't worry. Mommy will be brave and tell your Father."

Tears began to fall again as I closed my eyes.

"I will protect you. I'll do my best."

*********

Author's note: Some of yall guessed correctly🕴