30 - trip and fall

Kun

I buckled my seatbelt and looked at the girl sitting beside me. It was indeed a good choice to come out today.

We sat in our seats not talking much. I tried to get some sleep because for some weird reason, I can sleep well with her beside me.

"Ladies and gentleman. This is your captain speaking. We will arrive at Taitung Airport in about 10 minutes. Please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts. Have a great journey ahead and we hope to see you again."

I woke up to a pillow under my head and a blanket over me. I straightened my seat. Beside me, Yuxin is looking out the window lost in her thoughts. She must have asked the flight attendant for the pillow and blanket. Still the same Yuxin. Once you are under her protection, she will take care of you no matter what.

"Thanks" I muttered to her.

She turned to me. "Welcome."

After a long pause, she asked "Kun, are you still having trouble sleeping?" How did she know?

"Yeah..." I'm still having trouble sleeping alone. Every time I close my eyes, I dream about the exact same scene where I was locked inside this toilet cubicle. Sometimes, it will shift to the car accident scene where Yuxin is bleeding and unconscious in my arms. Other times, I dream about our happy family we could have had. All of us dressed in white and running around happily in the fields. When I wake up from them, I just ended up crying. All these dreams were tiring me out and I didn't want to dream them even the ones where all of us are happy. Because they are dreams. Not reality.

Maybe the reason why I'm able to sleep so well beside her is because I felt at ease. At least for my heart.

After the flight landed, we decided to grab lunch a restaurant nearby.

"Cai Xukun, please remind me again. Why am I here?" She asked as she sat in front of me crossing her arms and knitting her brows.

"We are here because we were bored." I replied grinning. I did kind of imposed the decision on her to come with me. But these impromptu decisions are fun and thrilling. I continued, "It's fun right?"

"Its fun before I get into trouble." She said and is probably worried about her fiancé and her friends finding out. She is on a trip with her ex-boyfriend 7 days prior to her wedding day. Which fiancé is going to happy no matter how much they claim nothing is going to happen between them?

She actually looks uneasy in her seat occupied with thoughts of her own. "We are sleeping in different rooms." She blurted out.

The corner of my lips went up into a smile. "Did you think we are going to sleep in the same room?" I teased her. She was getting ahead of me.

I saw her blushed, her cheeks and ears flushed red. "No...I'm just saying j-just incase you are having other thoughts."

I just laughed at her in response.

"Where are we going later?" She asked me.

"I know the perfect place."

We rented an open-air convertible to drive to the destination. But? Yuxin looks pissed crossing her arms beside me. The exact opposite from the reaction I expected.