12 - new and trouble

Kun left for an overseas schedule while Yuxin decided to skip the trip and go back home for her mother memorial. This is the first time going back home after almost a month. She is pretty nervous that her father will seal her back in the house again although he promised her that he won't and will give her time until the end of the month to sort things out.

She took a deep breath and cleared her throat to get the attention of the guards at the gate. Upon seeing her, they bowed down respectfully in unison at her presence. "Welcome back, Xin." The guards alerted the rest of the members using a walkie talkie of her arrival.

This made the rest of them come out of the mansion and stood in one line along the path that leads to the entrance of the mansion. They bowed. "Welcome back, Xin."

Yuxin smiled because she knew her father made them do this. After hearing the news of her arrival, Yuyan is waiting for her sister at the entrance. She beamed as she saw her sister walking towards her.

"Yuyan." Yuxin gave her a hug.

"Awwnn" The rest of the guards exclaimed at the sight touched.

"Shut up" Yuyan shouted which made the rest of them shut their mouths instantly and stood up straight.

Yuxin chuckled at her strict sister scolding these grown up man beside her without even hesitating. "Where is Boss?"

"He is inside entertaining some guests inside." Yuyan replied and gestured the rest to go back to their positions.

"We have guests?" Yuxin asked confused because Linmeng did not mention they are having guest over for the memorial.

"Yeah" Yuyan replied but immediately went to a poker face. Yuxin noticed her change in expression. She knows that Yuyan does this when she have something to hide and it's always something unpleasant.

"We have three new female recruits today. Do you want to meet them?" Yuyan asked half-grinning. It is a tradition for them to meet the new female recruits together.

The corners of her mouth quirked up. "Lead the way."

The three girl immediately stood up upon seeing the other two females enter the room.

"So, I see we have three sizes this time." Yuxin said with a straight face (It was supposed to be a joke but no one got it). She observed the three girls standing straight in front of her as they stood in the order of tallest to shortest unintentionally. They looked straight and did not dare to look or make eye contact at the short-haired girl standing close in front of them.

The least tallest girl is in a high ponytail. Yuxin went near her and bend down a little to see her at eye level. "What is your name?" Yuxin asked lifting an eyebrow. Because Yuxin was so dangerously close, the girl could feel her breath as she pressed her lips together nervously. "A-Anqi" She replied.

The corners of Yuxin's mouth turned up as she tapped Anqi's head. "Little Anqi."

Anqi's jaw dropped as she look at Yuxin not expecting this kind of situation. She was expecting her to be cold, dark and snappy. The other two amused by the situation stares at Yuxin.

Yuxin side stepped to stand in front of the second girl. "What about you?"

"Jiaqi." Jiaqi plastered a smile on her face as she wiped the sweat on her palms with her jeans.

Yuxin titled her head to made eye-contact with the last and the tallest member. "And you are?"

"Keran."