19 - pride and ego

Hi everyone. Sorry, i completely messed up the second lead character name. I was deciding between Ziyi, Zhengkai and Tengzai. And in the previous few chapters, all three names popped up confusing all of you probably. Sorry, all of these names is just one character and its Ziyi. I've edited the name in previous chapters. Sorry everyone.

***********

KUN

After my phone call with Xiena, I tried to call her again.

"The number you have dialled is turned off."

Fuck.

Why didn't she tell me? Is that why she is always avoiding the subject of her parents? Is that why she is always so secretive with her phone calls?

I gripped my hair to stop all the nonsense thoughts from my head but they wouldn't.

I started drinking to make me forget all of them. I really tried to fill them with only happy thoughts.

Maybe she has her reasons.

What reasons? To deceive me? To extort money from me? Make use of me?

I lied on the sofa and tears began to flow out uncontrollably.

I love you so much. Why do you have to do this to me?

The next morning, I received the message.

Yuxin: We need to talk.

Kun: Meet me at ____ 7:30pm.

7:45 pm

I kept my hand in the hoodie holding them tight together to stop myself from breaking down.

I do want answers from her.

But will I be able to handle it?

Then I felt a pair of arms on me.

"I'm sorry I disappeared yesterday." She told me. But I couldn't move. Her voice. She sounded tired. I wanted to turn her towards me and kiss her.

I couldn't. I let my ego take over me.

She broke the hug and stood beside me staring at me with those eyes. My weakness.

I closed my eyes to stop the tears.

7:50pm

"Where did you go?" I asked her coldly. His hands still in his hoodie pocket trying to hold myself together.

"I- I-" She is still trying to give me excuses

I cut her off. "Planning to steal from someone? Kill someone? Drugs? Am I one of your lab rats too?"

"What? No! Kun- I-" She looked at me with those very eyes, swarming with tears. Don't do this Liu Yuxin. Please pity me.

I looked at her with hurt in my eyes. I felt sad. Betrayed. Disappointed.

"When are you going to continue lying to me?" I spat at her. Tears began to form in my eyes and so did hers.

"I was going to tell you." She cupped his face. I shoved it away.

"But you didn't." A tear fell from my eyes and I immediately turned away. I can't show her this.

"Don't do this Kun. Don't leave me." She told me holding onto my hand. I shoved her hand away again to wipe my tears.