FOUR

Jughead's POV

When Betty walked in she looked like the walking dead. She glared at me and started talking about how she heard me and Vanessa. I looked at the ground ashamed. To be honest, it wasn't a good lay, it felt wrong, like I was cheating or something like that.

When she opened the door, some redhead stood there and I saw Betty stiffen, Archie that's his name, Cheryl and Veronica jumped off the couch and I also stood up with Reggie and Toni. She told him to get out, he whispers something in her ear and leaves, she broke down on the floor.

Veronica and Cheryl both hugged her and I looked confused at her. Then I saw her panicking so I pushed them away.

I helped her calm down and after she pulled away from the hug she gave me.

We all sat down on the couch, I sat next to her and grabbed her hand, squeezing it in comfort.

'Well I guess it started when I was four'; she started. 'I met my neighbour, Archie Andrews'; she said scoffing. 'We were best friends until junior year, we started dating, well my mom said we needed to date, so she basically forced me to, because he was perfect for our reputation'; she said rolling her eyes. '2 months later, he had hit me for the first time, because my hair wasn't in a neat ponytail'; she said. 'He apologized so I didn't think more about it. The abuse only grew and I was too afraid to tell it to someone so I didn't tell anyone, my mother wouldn't have cared and I thought V and cher would say I was lying and would leave me. It wasn't until the senior year they started noticing it and forced me to tell them. The day we went to UCLA I broke up with him and ran away'; she said only now noticing the tears on my cheeks.

'Oh my god, I'm so sorry Betty'; Toni said. 'Yeah, if you need someone to kick his ass, I'm there for you'; Reggie said.

I just tighten my grip around her waist, she laid her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. After a while she fell asleep.

I smiled and looked at her. I felt eyes on us and I rolled my eyes. I looked up and saw all of them smirking.

'You know, you guys would be really cute together'; Veronica said. 'Shut up'; I said.

I  carefully lifted her up trying not to wake her up, I picked her up bridal style and brought her to her room. I tucked her in bed and looked at her and brushed her hair out of her face. My fingers grazed against her left cheek and I smiled. She looked so peaceful. 

'Don't be a creep Jones'; I heard Toni say from behind. 'I'm not and let's go before she wakes up'; I said and we both left her room.

'You care about her don't you'; Toni asked. 'More then I should'; I muttered and I saw Toni smirking. 'Aww, Jones, I think your in loveee'; Toni said. And I rolled my eyes.

'Goodnight topaz'; I said and went into my room.

I laid down and started thinking about her, her green emerald eyes, her blond hair who is curly, how she looked even more beautiful without her makeup or hair done. Or how she would giggle about Veronica's or Cheryl's dumb jokes. Or how cute she looked when she was mad at me. Or yesterday when she fell into my arms and how she started thoroughly into my eyes. I smiled by only the thought of her name.

Wait...why am I, thinking about a girl I've known for a few days. I don't do this, I fuck girls and leave them to the side. One girl can't change me, no she can't. But for some reason Betty can. God she's gonna kill me. I fell asleep and my last thought was Betty and that I would keep her safe no matter what happens.

Betty's POV

I woke up in bed, which is weird, because I fell asleep on the couch. All the memories from yesterday came back and I felt the tears come. No. I won't let him ruin my day, I have a interview for a babysitting job. I got changed and walked to the kitchen.