Five: Baby Brother

Prepare for FEEEEELLLLLLSSSSS <3

From then on, Conan insisted on carrying Connor everywhere with him. If someone tried to take him, or even looked at Connor the wrong way, he would threaten to stab them in the foot.

"Nines...it's not like I'm paralyzed. I can still walk, I'm just significantly smaller than I used to be," Connor pointed out.

"Yes, and that means that you can be picked up and taken away by anyone. I won't let you out of my sight," Conan decided aloud.

"Nines..." Connor whined.

"No. It's too complicated to look after someone so small. I don't want you getting hurt again," Conan responded.

"Hey, Nines. Hey Connor. We were wonderin' when ya'd show," Hank said, drunkenly greeting the brothers.

"That little thing is Connor?! Oh man, that's rich!" North exclaimed, her cheeks bright red from laughter and drinking. Clearly, she had been one of the Androids that had gotten those updates. Connor thought about it, but Conan shut that shit down immediately.

"I didn't know you would be here, North. Markus," Conan admitted as he sat down, still holding Connor in his lap. Gavin reluctantly scooted toward North so that Nines wouldn't sit on him.

"Well, it was a last minute decision. We wouldn't have come if we didn't realize what the date was," Markus said with a smirk.

"What day is it?" Hank asked, completely forgetting its importance.

"Happy birthday, Hank!" Everyone cheered as The table was served a cake that read, "Happy 98th birthday Linda!" There was a silent pause as everyone blankly stared at the cake.

"Who the fuck is Linda?" Hank questioned. Gavin burst into fits of laughter and took pictures of everyone with the cake.

"Gavin! You were supposed to be the one who put in the cake order!" Connor shouted.

"I know! I'm so disappointed! I wanted them to put 'shithead' on the cake, but they said they couldn't do that!" Gavin continued laughing. There was a collective sigh from everyone at the table.

"Serves us right for having Gavin order the cake..." Markus muttered. Everyone laughed at that.

Everyone was drinking, talking, and having a good time. Then, Hank decided that even their roaring laughter and screeching was too quiet, so he walked over to the old jukebox and began playing some music. North grabbed Markus's hand and dragged him to the middle of the floor, where the two began dancing.

"I want to dance, too!" Connor decided aloud, hopping off of his place on Conan's lap. "C'mon, Nines! It'll be fun!" Conan couldn't resist Connor's damn puppy eyes, so he relented and helped Connor to the middle of the floor. Connor had to stand on Conan's feet in order to dance with his brother because Connor was a pretty short little kid. Gavin grinned and took photos, planning to hang them on his bedroom wall once he got them printed and developed.

Conan's way of taking photos was a lot more simple and discreet. Any time he would see his little brother's grin, or Connor would do something adorable or funny, he'd save it to a memory file in order to remind himself of why he became deviant and betrayed everything he had known. This was one of those moments.

"I like this song, Nines! It's a lot of fun!" Connor exclaimed.

It was past midnight when everyone began heading home. Nines needed to recharge, but stayed awake so that he could put Connor to bed once they got back to Hank's house, where they would all be staying the night. Connor didn't even make it to the car before he fell asleep in Conan's arms.

"You sure you got him? Someone else can take him if you're too tired," North offered, making up an excuse to try to hold Connor.

"North, you and I both know you are simply making excuses to take Connor. However, this is not the time because he is asleep. You can hold him tomorrow," Conan suggested. "Besides, he is clutching my shirt so tightly that I could not hand him over to anyone without having to remove it." North huffed.

"Fine," she pouted, Markus patting her back reassuringly.

Once back at the house, Conan put Connor in Cole's old bed- not realizing who's bed it was- and began to leave the room.

"I love you big brother," Connor mumbled in his sleep. Conan smiled.

"I love you too," he responded before leaving and closing the door.

Clip saved to memory file
File Name: Baby Brother