Nine(s): Is a Nightmare

Nines waited for fourteen hours before Kamski finally emerged with Connor in tow. Nines rushed over and hugged his brother...before slapping him in the face.

"What's wrong with you?!" Nines questioned.

"...Do you really want me to answer that?" Connor replied.

"Do you really want me to beat your ass?!" Nines retorted.

"I was going on a walk to clear my head," Connor explained.

"In the middle of the night?!" Nines pointed out.

"Yes," Connor confirmed. Nines then smacked Connor on the back of the head before picking him up and slinging him over one shoulder.

"Thank you for fixing him, Kamski," Nines said. Kamski just smirked and nodded, waving as the siblings left his home.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was your real reasoning for turning Connor into a child?" Chloe asked.

"I believe it will help Connor understand that there's more than one way to be useful. By turning him into a small child, I've made it to where he is going to have to be more creative in order to stay relevant," Kamski explained, to which Chloe nodded.

"Where have you two been all night?!" Hank and Gavin lectured Connor and Nines the moment they stepped into the apartment.

"Ask him," Nines said saltily.

"I said I was sorry!" Connor responded.

"Sorry didn't stop you from getting thrown out of a truck!" Nines scolded.

"I didn't mean to get kidnapped! If I wasn't made to be like a child, I probably wouldn't have been!" Connor responded.

"Why would you even go out in the middle of the night in the first place?!" Nines questioned.

"Okay, let's just calm down and don't destroy my house too," Gavin begged.

"Yeah, and since we don't have work today, let's just stay in and have a movie day," Hank suggested.

"Of course you would suggest that, ya lazy old man," Gavin remarked. Hank glared at him.

"C'mon, we both know you can do better than that," Hank pointed out. Gavin nodded in agreement.

"I'll get the blankets and pillows," Gavin decided aloud, actually enjoying the idea of a movie day.

"I'll go to the store and get some popcorn and snacks," Hank added.

"Connor and I will supervise Gavin," Nines stated.

"Hey! I don't need you to treat me like a child! That's what Connor's for now!" Gavin screeched.

"Hey!"

"If you don't wish to be treated like a child, then perhaps you should stop acting like one. The most grown up thing I've seen you do is smoke and drink alcohol, and alcohol gives you a lisp and causes you to pronounce your r's incorrectly...like a child," Nines explained. Gavin just flipped him off and threw a shoe at him. Nines caught the shoe and began to chase Gavin around the apartment.

"Phhck!" Gavin shouted, darting around like a madman.

"Keep an eye on them, Connor," Hank urged, to which Connor saluted in response.

"Got it," he agreed. Sumo then barked and jumped over the couch before landing on top of Gavin. Nines was rolling with laughter.

"Detective! Are you alright?!" Connor questioned in a panic.

"Your phhcking dog is crushing me! No I'm not alright! Phhcking Androids!" Gavin shouted.

Once Hank got back, the group set up a blanket fort and watched all the classics like Hamilton, Fast and Furious, Sonic, White Christmas, and Hocus Pocus. They then invited the Jericrew over for board games and a tad bit of drinking.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Simon suggested.

"Simon, we're not fucking 13. Let's play Silent Library," North questioned.

"Last time we played that you stabbed me!" Simon shouted. North shrugged.

"Not my fault someone put that dare in there," she replied.

"You wrote that dare! It was in your handwriting!" Simon pointed out. So, the group each wrote three dares on little slips of paper. Categories were easy, medium, or hard. Then, they placed them each in three small buckets and allowed Hank to shuffle them.

"Gavin, you go first," Markus offered with a slight smirk. Gavin picked a slip of paper from the easy category and read it aloud.

"Eat a spoonful of mayonnaise mixed with hot sauce," Gavin read. He huffed and went to grab a spoon, planning to grab the smallest one in the drawer. He was pretty sure he still had some toddler spoons.

"Don't worry Gavin, I've already supplied a sufficient spoon," Nines stated with a downright evil grin as he held up a giant mixing spoon.

"I hate you..." Gavin grumbled. Nines laughed.

"You love me," he responded. With that, Gavin mixed the sauce and the mayonnaise, scooped it with the giant spoon, and ate it before immediately spitting it back out. Everyone laughed and North handed him a shot glass full of whiskey.

"Gotta drink since you didn't eat it," North stated.

"Phhck you," he replied.

"Ew," she retorted before sitting back down as he took his shot and laid it face down on the counter.

"Nines, it's your turn," Gavin shoved Nines, who laughed and picked a slip from the hard category.

"Call your crush and explain the rules of Monopoly to them," Nines read. He looked around and shrugged. Then Gavin's phone rang.

"Hello?" Gavin answered.

"Hi shithead. I know you already know the rules to Monopoly, but I will explain them anyway in order to complete the dare—" Nines started before Gavin smashed his phone.