Seven: Android Sleepover

It was past midnight when everyone began heading home. Nines needed to recharge, but stayed awake so that he could put Connor to bed once they got back to Hank's house, where they would all be staying the night. Connor didn't even make it to the car before he fell asleep in Conan's arms.

"You sure you got him? Someone else can take him if you're too tired," North offered, making up an excuse to try to hold Connor.

"North, you and I both know you are simply making excuses to take Connor. However, this is not the time because he is asleep. You can hold him tomorrow," Conan suggested. "Besides, he is clutching my shirt so tightly that I could not hand him over to anyone without having to remove it." North huffed.

"Fine," she pouted, Markus patting her back reassuringly.

Once back at the house, Conan put Connor in Cole's old bed- not realizing who's bed it was- and began to leave the room.

"I love you big brother," Connor mumbled in his sleep. Conan smiled.

"I love you too," he responded before leaving and closing the door.

Clip saved to memory file
File Name: Baby Brother

The next morning, the house smelled of fresh cooked bacon and waffles. At least, that's what Hank wished it smelled like. In reality, the living room and kitchen was filled with smoke, the oven was in flames, and Nines and Gavin were having a full on fist fight in the middle of the kitchen.

"Alright you two, break it up!" Hank shouted, grabbing Gavin's hood and pulling him away from Nines. "It's too early for this shit. Where's Connor?"

"He might still be in stasis mode until he completely recharges," Nines explained, still glaring at Gavin.

"Both of you sit at the table. I'm gonna try to make real food and you're gonna explain what's happened," Hank ordered, grabbing a pan from a cabinet under the sink.

"Why should I listen to you, old hag?! You're not my dad!" Gavin shouted before Hank smacked him in the back of the head with the pan. "Ow! What the phhck Hank?!"

"You asked me why you should listen. Tell me what you were fight in' about," Hank ordered with a shrug.

"Detective Reed said my cooking was horse shit and that I should self destruct," Nines explained.

"It was a phhcking joke, Nines!" Gavin shouted.

"So was the black eye I gave you," Nines deadpanned, earning a middle finger from Gavin.

"I'm going to wake my little brother," Nines decided aloud before standing up, only to have Hank throw a knife at him that barely missed his nose.

"You're not going anywhere until you and Gavin work this shit out. I'm tired of having to be the adult while all of you get to be children. I'll get Connor," Hank started before walking out of the kitchen.

"So..." Gavin started.

"Connor! Wake up!" Hank shouted, slapping Connor and startling him awake.

"What?! Hank?" Connor said.

"Payback's a bitch. Get your lazy ass up. Breakfast's ready," Hank replied simply before walking out of the bedroom. Connor raised an eyebrow and got up.

"Good morning, Connor," Nines greeted Connor nonchalantly, as if he didn't have Gavin in a tight headlock.

"Goddammit you two!" Hank shouted before pulling them apart by their ears and aggressively sitting them down at the table. "Ya know, when we became a team, I didn't think that I'd just be adopting the three of you!"

"Phhck you too, Hank!" Gavin shouted.

"Bite me," Hank said.

"Ew, no," Gavin responded, and the two of them got into a yelling match with one another while Connor and Nines sat in the living room and played with Sumo. Sumo was still bamboozled by Connor's new look, and was constantly suspicious of him, while acting clingy with Nines because he still believed him to be the 'real' Connor.

1 hour later...

"In hindsight, we probably should've turned the oven off before leaving for work..." Connor admitted.

"...My house..." Hank squeaked while Gavin laughed maniacally and rolled around laughing. Connor was sitting on Nines's shoulders so he could be tall enough to pat Hank on the back.