Ch.9 Past

"Wake up you stupid idiot fox." Naruto threw a pillow at the sleeping male, who groaned as he woke up.

"Mmm...I'm the stupid idiot fox?" He asked as he sat up, yawned loudly and leaned up against the corner of the left side of the couch. Naruto ignored him, brushing his hair as he sat on the other side of the couch.

"So what are you going to do now?" If he had the option, he would just ignore him for the rest of his life. He knew, though, that the other would pester him for just as much time.

"I dunno. Can't exactly go to my house, can I?" Naruto's eyes narrowed, as he placed the brush on the coffee table.

"That's not my fault."

"No, but if I were to blame someone else...someone like Sasuke..." Kurama smirked as Naruto grabbed a hold of his shirt. He knew it.

"Leave the asshole out of this. This is between you and me." The red head grabbed his wrist, twisting it slightly as he stood up and towered over the blond.

"We both know that's not true. He had just as much to do with this as anyone else. if anything, it's thanks to him that I wasn't able to see you for a whole year. Really, we should be mad at him for separating us for so long." Naruto winced as his hand pulsed in pain. Kurama let him go, looking to the side with a sigh.

"I'm ditching classes today. Got some things I gotta do. Be on your best behavior while Im working, okay." Naruto hated it. He hated Kurama with a burning passion. He refused to say another word to him as he got his backpack and made his way to school. He would have to put up with him for the time being. He really didn't know what to do. They had been lucky last time, and he knew that it wouldn't last long. Sasuke knew it too. It was the whole reason they had fought in the first place.

"Naruto..." He looked up, seeing a familiar face.

"Speak of the devil..." Naruto walked up to Sasuke, who had his normal emotionless face. But deep inside he knew that he looked worried for him. Years of hating him resulted in years of understanding after all. That included emotions.

"Sasuke..." He pushed his head onto the other's shoulder, closing his eyes and letting a deep shaky breath escape him.

"I don't know what to do. I'm...scared..." Sasuke pursed his lips as he hugged the blond who began to sob. He hated seeing his best friend like this. He hated seeing tears on Naruto's face. It reminded him too much of his time in middle school. Seeing Naruto cry so much.

"C'mon. Let's go somewhere else." Naruto nodded, wiping his tears away as he got into Sasuke's car. Turning on the ignition, Sasuke looked around to make sure there wasn't anyone who saw them. Then, he drove off.

_______________________________

"C'mon Kakashi-sensei! You gotta know something! You've known Naruto longer than anyone else!" Why did he have to get caught up in this mess? Currently, the silver haired male was being bombarded by questions from Sakura, Shikamaru, and Kiba.

"Even if I did know, it really isn't my place to tell." Shikamaru sighed, knowing it wasn't going to be easy. It was the end of the day, and Sasuke and Naruto hadn't shown up to any of the classes. Iruka threw a fit when he found out.

"I do all this for them! I was even going to put them in partners so they could work things out! But then THIS happens!" At least he knew that Iruka cared about the two.

"Can't you really tell us... anything at all? we're just worried for them. They're our friends but we're always in the dark about everything." Kiba muttered out. Kakashi almost felt bad about it but he knew it was for the best. Sakura and Shikamaru were incredibly smart. If he gave just a hint about anything, no doubt they'll figure everything out. Pair that along with Kiba's ability to tell when someone's lying, they could easily get the whole story out of him.