Chapter 1:

Natasha: I guess you could say everything was a mess when it came to Russian and American relationships. I remember hearing of a fight between the two the day I was called into the KGB leader’s office.

The office was dark and cold, meant to intimidate the most intimidating. I wasn’t afraid of it. I was only afraid of the snake that lived under the rock.

They called him “Drug D’yavola” or “Devil’s Friend”. His real name was Drakov. He was scary. It was him and him only who had pulled me from my home at the age of 14 to be trained in the Red Room academy,then made me one of his personal assassins. Many had given me the KGB nickname of “Drakov’s daughter” because I was the youngest ever brought in, along with the most respected.

“Natalia,” he said when I came in, “Come in.”

I stood across from him. He studied his fingernails, not granting me another glance.

“The American’s have a mission set. They plan to transfer millions of Russian Dollars into their accounts, stealing it.”

“How would they get the money?” I asked.

“Russian leak. But the only problem is we do not have the time to find this leak. I take it you could take this mission?” he said, giving me a look, “After all, you are the notorious Black Widow.”

“Yes sir, I am always ready for a mission,” I said.

“That’s what I thought,” he said, “Pack your sniper rifle, my beautiful Natalia. Kill both the Russian and the American. I want them both dead and untraceable to whichever country it is. I trust you can handle that.”

“Yes sir,” I said.

“You will be in Budapest at 11:30 tomorrow morning,” Drakov said. I turned to leave.

“Did I say I was finished?” he asked.

I turned back to him. “My apologies sir,” I said.

“Good little Romanova,” he said, “I would hate to think our training was…” he paused, “Wearing off.”

I shivered as I thought of what he defined as training. Most other countries would define it as torture. “Pack a pretty dress, my pretty little Natalia. There is a ball going on there. You’ll meet your target there.” I nodded. “And of course, if you know what’s good  for you, you’ll send me a picture of you in your pretty dress.” I nodded again. I stood perfectly still. That was the reason Drakov scared me.

“Yes sir,” I said.

“I’ll send you the coordinates. And the exchange should happen around 1 am. Get them before then. Enjoy your trip, my little Natalia.”

Clint: I walked into Fury’s office. “At ease Barton,” he said, not even looking at me. I relaxed my stance.

Fury was exactly what you’d expect the Director of a secret organization like SHIELD to be like. His office was similar to his personality. Bland. White walls. Grey desk. No pictures. Impersonal.

“You have a mission,” Fury informed me, “The Russian’s have become a problem. There’s a girl. A Natasha Romanoff. She’s been given a diluted version of Super Soldier Serum.”

“You would like me to bring her in sir?” I asked.

“No Barton,” Fury said, “I’m asking you to take her out. She is dangerous. We want to eliminate the threat to the United States. You’ll meet her at the a Gala. Sadly, all intel we have on her appearance has disappeared. All we have is that she has red hair.” Red hair. That should be easy enough to find. Unless she’s actually a good spy and changes the conspicuous hair tone.

He handed me a boarding pass for the airlines. “Look sharp Barton. Find the girl, take her out. If the Gala doesn’t work, try above the Danube Promenade. That is where the exchange is supposed to happen," he said. I nodded, leaving his office.