Party Pooper

Here we go guys, sorry I didn't upload yesterday, I dislocated my shoulder and yeah... But any ways I can still use my left hand so we are all sweet and the next chapter should be up today or tomorrow. Enjoy

It was the calm before the storm I could feel it. It was just to good of a day. I mean it was only 4 am but something still felt off.

I got out of bed and went to get dressed for work. To be honest I have the best job in the world. Well second best to what I wanna be, but still. I was in the car and on my way to Gunadah by 5. The long drive gave me time to thing everything over. I've decided to give Brooks ago, I mean I have to move on some time and its been a year. It still hurt when I thought about it but hopefully it wouldn't hurt so much with time. I don't ever want to forget Josh, but I know if he loved me then he would want me to move on and stop mopping around after him.

I pulled in the drive at 6 and went and nocked on the front door. A lady in her late 60's answered the door, "Oh come in darlin, brecky is on the table, you must be Audrey."

"Oh no its all right I've already eaten, I was just wondering if John had any preference on which one I started on," I said nodding in his direction.

"Ah yeah, there is a Dapple grey mare in there, feisty little thing, you can start with her. Oh and a handy tip, they ain't even halter broken, so it should be fun" he said before going back to his breakfast.

I nodded and then headed out to the the yards where I saw her, the dapple mare. She was gorgeous, a big 16 hands but still gorgeous. I walked into the pen and tried to isolate her and push her into the connection arena, but by the look in her eyes she wasn't going to make it easy.

I got home at around 8 that night, and all the lights were on. I slugged my way up to my room and collapsed onto my bed. I decided that a shower sounded good so I got my stuff and headed for the bathroom.

I striped of my miss me jeans and inspected my leg. The mare had got me a corker, kicked me right on the left thigh and a blackish bruise had formed with a big cut threw it. I inspected my jeans, yep there was a little blood. I got in the shower and washed off all the dirt and washed me hair. I walked back to my room with a towel wrapped around me.

Just as I pulled on my Mavi jeans I heard a knock on my door.

"Hold on!" I said as I pulled on a black singlet shirt, "Come in!"

Brooks poked his head around the door, "Oh did I miss the show?" he asked and I gave him a sarcastic laugh. He was still a little too friendly in that department, "Me and a few mates were heading down to the pub and wanted to know if you wanted to come?" he asked.

"Um... yeah sure, I need a drink after today, haha," I said, "Just give me a sec I'll meet you in the kitchen."

I pulled on my hat, boots and wallet before heading to the kitchen, "Let's go!"

We jumped into the dual cab and headed out the drive.

"We've got to pick up a few people on the way there," stated Brooks as we passed Dustin drive.

Soon the car piled up with guys that I didn't know, I got introduced to them but I'm terrible with names.

We made it to the pub and I ordered a drink as I walked in the door and took a seat at the bar. Brooks sat down next to me and ordered a XXXX. As he sat down and his hand coming down heavily on to my bruised leg and I may have said a few corse word, "son of a bitch!" I tried to keep it under but it came out louder than I wanted.

Brooks raised his hands in surrender.

"I got kicked by one of my breakers today, my thigh is black," I said with a stern voice, warming him not to do it again.

He then placed his hand gently on my leg and started rubbing circles.

"What the hell are you doing?" I said flicking his hand away.

"Being gentle," he said with a grin that made him look like the 15 year old that I once new. A longing to see that boy again struck me hard. I smiled trying to hide my disappointment. He can't be that different, I mean he still has the same annoying tendencies.

His smiles softened it looked like he was going to say something. But we were rudely interrupted by someone shout, "KARAOKE!"

I just rolled my eyes. The first few singers well, to be nice sucked.

"Two shots of whiskey! Over there," I waved the bartender over.

I shot the first whiskey before the party pooper Brooks stopped me with the second one, "what do you think you are doin?"

"My job, party pooper," I said scooting around his hand before grabbing the shot. I shot it back and ran to the stage before anyone else could.

"Lord help us all," I heard Brook murmur as I ran off, which caused me to burst into a fit of giggles.

I grabbed the mic after picking a song.

"Got my my toes in the water, ass in the in sand,

Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand,

life is good today , life is good today," I sung and the cheers erupted, and Brooks looked at me like I had lost my mind.

"Got my ass in a lawn chair toes in the clay,

Not a worry in the world, PBR on the way,

Life is good today, life is good today."

Love that song, "NEXT," I screamed and selected the next song .

"8 o'clock on Friday night I'm still at home," I sung, another song I loved.

"Hey bartender poor em hot to night till the party and music and the truth collide

Bring it till his memory raids way, hey bartender."

I kept singing all night, I may have had a little to much to drink but I didn't mind everyone was having a blast, but the party pooper Brooks tossed me over his shoulder half way through Southern Girl and took me home.

I passed out in the ute. Brooks carried me to my room and tucked me in.

"Please don't leave," I muttered just above a whisper, "his memory didn't fade away, still when you leave its gonna be to soon. Lie with me hold me like you mean it," I sung, still highly intoxicated.

"No Audrey, you are drunk," was all he said as he left.

And with that I passes out. I'm gonna feel this in the morning.

It was around one when I woke up screaming, Brooks came running in and almost nocked the door of its hinges.

"What's happening?" He asked in a stressed voice.

"Nothing it's alright, go back to bed," I said dismissing him.

"No," he said approaching my bed, " tell me about you night mare. I hear you most nights murmuring in your sleep, these walls are as thin as paper."

By now he was sitting next to me on my bed. To tiered to deal with him I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.

I felt his arm drape over my waist as his other hand played with my hair as I fell asleep, and for the first time since the accident, I slept peacefully.

Authors note

Please take note of my dedication vvildcats, she is an awesome writer and her book "My alpha is a cowboy" is amazing I recommend it to any one that likes cowboys and were wolves haha its a good read, funny and entertaining give it a vote and a comment please 😄.

Any way hope you enjoyed party pooper haha have a good one