Mine as much as yours

I love this photo, I took it up at my dads mates place. Back of the ute goin out for a spot light. Though it would fit the book ha ha any way enjoy this chapter

------

We stayed in the hospital way past midnight. In the end I had to take Brooks home. He was just way past it.
I found out what happened was, Joe was up on the shed roof and Brooks was spotting him from the ground. One of the bulls in the paddock next to the house had kicked down the gate and Brook went to stop the bull, but Joe turned and slipped, falling off the two and a half story shed. He had broken his left leg in multiple places and needed surgery as well as a broken arm which also needed surgery.

The Doctors told me he was very lucky, it could have been a whole lot worse. They also told me that he would need at least 6 month off work. Which is going to be hard cause in a few months Brooks is going to be by him self on the farm.

We got back and I helped Brooks in to bed, before going to have a shower. I had work tomorrow and it was already 2 in the morning. Joe had to be in hospital for a couple of weeks. I have no idea what we are going to do, I have work, all those horse and Brooks only just gets through the things with the help of Joe.
I walked passed Brooks room and stopped at the door.
"You gonna be alright?" I asked leaning against his door frame.
"Yeah I should be, I'm really sorr-" I cut him off.
"Stop apologising, it wasn't your fault, I don't blame you, can we please just drop it."
"Ok," he said rolling back over, "Night."
"Goodnight," I said before walking back to my room. I crashed, not even going under the covers.

I got about 3, 3 and a half hours sleep. But I was up and ready for work.I stopped and saw Brooks still asleep, so I decidedly to leave him a note.

Gone to work, if you need anything just give me a call xx

I stuck it on the fridge and left.
I got to work on time. I parked my truck behind the shed and walked straight over to the pen and started working with the mare.
At lunch John came out to see me.
"I heard what happened, I'm sorry, I wish Joe a speedy recovery," he said with a sad look.
"Thank you," I said, ". I was wondering if I could take a few of the horses home and work with them there, cause with Joe gone there is just so much to do and..." I rambled.
"Yeah sure thats fine," he said surprising me, "Take all of them if you want as long as they are done for the August sale, we will be laughing." I was in utter shock. This man, that I have known for just over a week, is trusting me with all these horses.
I nodded, "You won't be disappointed. I'll finish up today then come back with the truck tonight."

I finished up and raced home and got in the truck before go back to Gunadah. It took me half an hour to load the horses.

I made it back about 11. I put all the horses in the paddock backing off the stable.
I walked sluggishly in side. I hadn't eaten since breakfast, but I was to tired to eat. I just, much like the night before, crashed onto my bed, dirty work clothes and all.

I woke up at 6:30, got dresses then walked down to the kitchen. I found Brooks at the breakfast table.
"Care to tell me why there are 14 wild looking horses running in the paddock next to the stables?" He questioned me.
"Well you see, um, they are the horses from work. Cause of what has happened, I'm working from home, so I can give you hand."

"What?! Do you honestly think that I need the help of a girl?" He almost shouted.
I was taken back, "Excuse me?" I asked.
"You heard me, I have been fine with out your help for the past 4 years and now you think you you can waltzin in and try takin over this place!"
I repeated my self again, "Excuse me?" I said angrily, "How dare you, I though it would be a good idea, remember you have been getting by with both of you not just one! I'm sorry that I left ok, I couldn't help that my mother died! Leaving me an orphan and my only family left is laying in a hospital bed! If I had it my way I would have stayed here! So I'm sorry for trying to HELP!" I said.
With that he quietened down, he looked down at the floor, "Look Aud Im sor-"
"Don't. Just remember this place is as much mine as it is yours."