Long stretch of love

What everyone was wearing ^ sorry not edited

The day of the wedding had come. To say Hayley was excited was the understatement of the year, she had her hens night last night at a pole dancing clinc I'm town. It was heaps of fun.

Hayley had insisted that I was at her place by 4 in the morning so We could get our hair and make up done. I grabbed my dress bag and ran out the door. I was on the car and out the drive by 3:30. I got there and was sat in a chair with rollers put in my hair and make up plastered on my face, I didn't even get a chance to say hi to Hayley.

After I was girlied up, I sat back in the spiny chair. Hayley was in the chair across from me with her eyes closed.
"So, nervous?" I asked her.
And in the calmness voice possible, "nope, I love him and he love me."
And draping my hand over my fore head dramatically, "and ain't you glad that I pared you up."
She laughed loudly, "haha yes, yes I am."
I took a close look at her. She didn't look much like the Hayley that I once new. She looked older obviously but she looked more mature, her features had defined and she looked like a women. She was beautiful and she was ready to get married.

We kept light conversation until she had her make up done. When she was done it was time for my dress. I was turquoise, strapless and reached down to my knees, I had over lapping on the top half and a flows skirt from just below my bust. It was simple but beautiful, and went perfect with my boots. But I was not aloud to wear them. But it was Hayley's big day and I wasn't going to complain. She handed me a pair of white heals to go with the dress, while she went to get hers.
She returned and we dressed her up. She looked amazing. Then it was the trip to the church.

I was to walked down first, with Dustin's best man aka cousin Wyatt then Hayley's sister Mackenzie and Brooks and then the bride.
The ceremony was great, but I was really hanging for the after party where I could take of these heals and have a drink. I mean I love Hayley but this is not really my thing. I was really uncomfortable, but I would keep a smile on my face and tough it out.

The ceremony and I wiped away a stray tear from my eye, such a beautiful moment. They signed the papers and Dustin picked up Hayley and carried her bridle style to the Cadillac and headed off to the reception.

Then Brooks came up behind me and picked me up the same way and carried me to the ute. Whistle from the crowd filled that air as this happened. I blushed a deep scarlet.

To think I would be leaving this place in a two months is heart breaking, but as soon as I get my course done I can come back for good.

We made it to the reception and we had dinner and a few speeches were made. But then Came the open bar and the music, and it wasn't this crappy hip hop dance music, it was the good music, Kenny, Lady A, Alan, Lee, and heaps more. The night partied on and I had maybe drunk a little to much, as per usual. I had congratulated the happy couple and they told me they were going for a few weeks to one of the island of the east coast of Australia, but I didn't quite catch the name, for their honey moon.

I was so happy for them, I could only hope that I had a "Prince Charming" out there for me.
"Hey," said a deep voice from behind me.
"Jeas, you scarred the life out of me," I said placing my left hand, the one not holding my drink, over my heart as I turned to face the dashing Brooks.
Then my favourite song of all time came on. The song from 8 seconds, "would you like to dance?" Asked a suspiciously sober Brooks.

"I've been cheated,
Been mistreated,
When will I be loved?"

"Yes, yes I would," and he pulled me onto the crowded dance floor.

"When I find a new girl
That I want for mine
She always breaks my heart in two
It happens every time."

We danced weirdly to the music, trying to copy the moves from the movie.
The song shifted but we kept strong in the dance floor.

" They're coming down from the hills and from out of the back blocks," Brooks swung me in a circle in time with the music.

"There ain't nothin' like a country crowd
A little bit crazy and a little bit loud
We've got our own way of turnign things upside down
I get together with these friends of mine
Who are not afraid to step across that line
There're that hard livin' hell raisin' bonafide country crowd," everyone was singing along in a big chant. It was awesome.

A few songs passed and the night got late. I had caught the bunch of flowers, what ever they are called, that Hayley threw, It was really funny cause it just kinda hit me in the face, while other girls tried to run for it.

" You're hit then miss, you're fire and ice
You're water and whiskey burn
We kiss, we fight, make up our mind
You're a blessing and a curse," Brooks started singing along to the music with me curled up in his arms on the dance floor, Hayley and Dustin were there too. And another couple on the dance floor.

"Over and over and over, we play this game
Win or lose, we'll never change."

The chorus bursts out and I bust a few moves and surprise everyone with my awesomeness. I look up at Brooks with a smile as the last words of the song ring out, and even in my drunken state I had an itching that those words couldn't be more true.

"I don't ever wanna break this chain,
I don't ever wanna walk away,
Long stretch of love."