40: Therapy

TW: Mentions of self-harm and abuse and bullying

A/N: I didn't have much motivation for this specific chapter so sorry if it isn't the best but here ya go

Midobabe's POV

"Are you ready?" I sighed, buckling my seatbelt. "Yes Mr.Aizawa, I'm ready. Ready as I'll ever be at least." He nodded, pulling out of the parking lot. I waved at Tenya as we left.

"How are you feeling?" I stared out the window, watching the buildings go by. "I'm okay." He nodded, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Do you remember Ryo Inui?" He's pro-hero Hound Dog. How could I forget? He's also the guidance counselor and has been in charge of watching our class on a few occasions.

"Yes. Hound Dog, right?" "Yep. The therapist is his sister, Akira Inui. She has the same quirk as he does. She makes for a great therapist." I didn't respond. I just kept looking out the window.

I wanted to go back to my dorm. I wanted to go and watch an action movie and eat snacks while cuddled up with Tenya. I don't want to see a therapist, but everyone else wants me to. So therefore, I guess I will. It's not like I have a choice anyways.

"Have you written in your journal yet?" I nodded, "I didn't write an actual entry, but I wrote down all the basics of who I am and what has happened in my life so she has some context." "I see." The car went back to it's silent state.

After about ten minutes or so, we pulled into a parking lot. We were here. Aizawa and I got out of the car, walking towards the doors. "When we meet with Inui, would you like me to wait outside the doors or would you like me to go in with you?" "Come in with me, please." "Okay."

I held the door open and the two of us went inside. The air smelled like a library. Aizawa and I walked up to the front desk, where there was a short old lady infront of a computer.

"Aizawa! How are you? How's the husband?" She gave a sweet smile. "Loud as always. How have you been?" "Same old same old. You know me. Anyways, what brings you here today? You didn't have anything scheduled."

Aizawa stepped to the side slightly, looking at me. The lady at the counter also glanced at me, smiling. "I am here with Izuku Midoriya. He has an appointment with Inui." She typed away on the computer. Aizawa reassuringly placed a hand on my shoulder, sensing my nerves.

"Ah, yes! Here we are! This is your first time here, right?" I gave a weak smile and nodded. I was being extremely shy, way more than usual. But this was my first day of therapy so what did you expect?

"Okay. You can take a seat and Ms.Inui will be out to call you in shortly." "Thank you, ma'am!" "Certainly! And Aizawa, it wouldn't hurt to visit sometimes." He nodded, "I'll make sure to." And with that, we walked over and took a seat. I sat directly next to Aizawa. I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants.

A few minutes passed and the doors finally opened. A woman with long white hair walked out, a nurse beside her. I recognized her instantly, especially with her shy and sweet smile.

"See you next week, Rei! Take care!" "Goodbye, Inui," the white-haired woman waved. "Midoriya?" Inui called out. Aizawa and I stood up, but first, I walked over to Todoroki's mother.

"Hi, you're Mrs.Todoroki, right? I'm Izuku Midoriya. I'm friends with Shoto!" We shook hands and she gave me a warm smile. "Midoriya. I've heard a lot about you. It's so nice to finally meet you." I gave a smile back, "it's nice to meet you too!"

"I have to get going back to where I currently live. You should come visit with Shoto some time." "Certainly! Have a great day!" She waved as she began to walk away, "you too." I turned back to see Aizawa and who I assumed to be Inui looking at me. Inui was smiling.