Page 10

Vanessa POV

"(y/n) sweetie, I'm gonna take you to Hage Village to play. I'd stay there with you, but I want to stay by Finral's side for now." I said (y/n) just nodded, 'He's been like that ever since his magic somehow got sealed, and it didn't help that Asta and Noelle went out on their mission.' I thought, "Hey, well figure this out. When Asta gets home we'll have him try to unseal your grimoire." I said.

(y/n) POV

"Hello, there little one. I am Sister Lily." Sister Lily said, "I see you have the Black Bull's emblem on your shirt. Are you friends with Asta?" She asked, "Yeah." I said softly, "That's good. I'm glad Asta's making friends." She said as we went inside.

I had fun playing with the other kids, we were about to have dinner when we heard a lot of screaming. We ran outside and found a giant plant poisoning people. "EVERYONE STAY BEHIND ME!" The priest said as he stood in front of everyone, "I will not let any harm come to you children." He said.

"FATHER ORSI!" Sister Lily said, 'HELP!' I thought in fear, suddenly two people fell from the sky, "YOU'RE NOT HURTING ANYONE EVER AGAIN!" Asta said, "Asta." I said happily as I watched him and Yuno fight the elf.

After healing all the poisoned villagers Asta and Yuno left for the capital. "At least there are no more of those elves to deal with." Sister Lily said, "Look sister, humans. What should we do with them?" a woman said, "Cleo?" I said, "Sister that child thinks it knows me. I don't know who this "Cleo" person is, but I am Aria!" She said as she ran towards us wielding a flaming scythe, "DIE YOU, FILTHY HUMANS!" She said, "EVERYONE STAY BEHIND ME! I WILL PROTECT YOU!" Sister Lily said as I ran past her almost on instinct. I just felt like I had to protect them even if it meant I would die, suddenly my grimoire appeared next to me. I couldn't help but smile, "YOU'RE BRAVE FOR A FILTHY HUMAN!" Aria said, "POTENTIAL..." I began to say as I began to transform, "UNSEALED!" I shouted as I finished transforming and drew my sword from my grimoire and blocked her scythe, "Impossible! A human withstanding my flames!" She said in shock, "Void Dark Magic: BLACKHOLE!" I said as a mass of gravity formed beneath us slamming Aria's head into the ground knocking her out, "Take a nap aunt Cleo. You'll feel better in the morning." I said as I released the spell, "So you beat my older sister. Impressive for a human, but you will die here by my hand." a woman said as she walked out from the shadows, "Alice." I said coldly, "I sense disdain in your tone when you saw me. You hate me for some reason." She said, "YOU TRIED TO KILL MY SQUAD AND KIDNAP ME! YOU TRIED TO BRAINWASH ME INTO BELIEVING THAT YOU WERE MY MOTHER!" I said, "I can assure you, you are not my child. My only child was ripped from my arms and murdered before my eyes by you humans." She said, "My name is Dianna, who are you?" She said, "I am (y/n) Enoteca." I said as we opened our grimoires. "Fairy Tale magic: March of Phantasia!" She said as glowing orbs appeared around her, suddenly the orbs transformed into blades and flew at me. I blocked a few of them, but eventually, they shattered my sword, "VOID SUMMONING MAGIC!" I said as the dragon woman appeared and destroyed the rest of the swords, we quickly ran towards her and prepared to knock her out, "I DON'T THINK SO!" She said as another blade appeared in front of her, "ANTI WAVE!" I said as I dispelled the magic blade, "HAVE A TAIST OF THIS! VOID STRING MAGIC: CELESTIAL THREAD!" I shouted as threads appeared around her and tied her up allowing me and the dragon woman to knock her out, "That was almost too easy." I said, "You're right...(y/n)." Alice said from the ground, I quickly turned around and watched as the strings that bound her exploded and set her free, "W-What!" I said in shock, "That silly little elf complicated things a bit, but she did allow me to take over little Alice's body." She said as she looked ar me, her once brown eyes had black and red. "Hello, I am Shabatiel. I'm what you would call a Devil." She said as she looked at the dragon woman, "So that's where you went." She said softly, "A-A Devil?" I said, "Yes, allow me to explain to you what transpired oh so many years ago." She said, "It all started when Alice was a little girl. So sad, so lonely, so...perfect. All she ever wanted was her mother's love, and when her mother rejected her in favor of her other daughter it broke Alice's heart allowing me to enter her soul. She was young, only five years old. I was forced to split myself so I wouldn't drive her completely insane! But little by little I introduced my split half. Except, one day about three years ago about twenty-five percent of me mysteriously vanished. It didn't bother me much since my plan would continue wether I was whole or not. But now I found where she went and it seems she's made her own personality." She said as she pointed at the dragon woman, "Y-You're a Devil?!" I said, "I don't know exactly what I am. I know I'm not entirely a Devil, but I'm not a dragon either." the dragon woman said, "Oh don't be so modest dear! As far as I'm concerned your practically my daughter! So go on tell the boy what you did to him, or would you rather have mommy do it for you!" April said, "What's she talking about?!" I said, "(y/n), I...I did it to protect you." the dragon woman said, "To protect him!" April laughed, "That's rich dear, be honest with the boy, you did it because you were scared." She said, "She sealed you true magic away." She said, "So the truth's out then. Fine." the dragon woman said, "Yes I sealed away your true magic, but only because you weren't ready for it. If I would've left it as it was, it would've killed you. That's why you're able to use void magic, why you have such a strange grimoire. Your void magic can mimic other types of magic and create spells that compliment that magic type, but no matter what you do it will never fill the void. I still don't think you're ready for this power, but just this once I will unseal your true magic. This will put enormous stress on your body as you are now I'd say you can only handle it for about ten minutes, and that's being generous. During this, you will not be able to use void magic or your Anti Wave." She said as she placed her hand on my back, "Are you ready, (y/n)?" She asked, "Yes." I said, "Magic seal...release!" She said, suddenly the clover on my grimoire began to glow and separated into hearts. The hearts began to spin and in the center of my grimoire was a four-leaf clover, suddenly the color completely changed and my true grimoire appeared.