5. clown shit

CHAPTER FIVE

CLOWN SHIT

Milo didn't say a single word to Xen for the rest of the week.

Maybe it was out of pettiness, but Xen clearly didn't want to help him, and there was a high chance of him just calling it quits. Milo was just helping to speed up the process.

Yawning, Milo was effectively snapped out of his thoughts, and he placed his head on Jude's shoulder, closing his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Jude questioned, moving closer to Milo. "Why aren't you eating?"

"Tired," he muttered, yawning again, Oh, wait. Shit. No, no, no.

Evangeline clapped, before exclaiming, "You're gonna get a migraine!" And then, she shot Milo an apologetic smile, fiddling with the baby blue clips on her hair. "Sorry, not something to be excited about. But that's the first time I've identified your migraines! Go me!"

He had a feeling he was going to get a migraine for the past week, and he was certain it had something to do with the stress of the whole Xen situation, among the other things, but all his fucking symptoms were acting up in full force today. Meaning that he was definitely going to get a migraine today. I fucking hate this.

"Good job," he congratulated dryly, as Jude shoved a bunch of carrot slices in his mouth. "Mmph! Jude!"

"You aren't gonna eat anything once you get a migraine," Jude stated, pushing the carrots further inside Milo's mouth. "So shut up and chew, bitch."

Milo rolled his eyes, but silently chewed the carrot slices anyway, head still resting on Jude's shoulder. "How's your lip?"

Laughing softly, Evangeline reached over, grabbing Milo's sandwich and taking a bite, before putting it back. "You've asked him the same question every day since he got into that fight."

"And I'll keep asking it until it's fully healed."

Through a full mouth, Jude said, "My lip is fine." He shrugged Milo's head off his shoulder, turning around to face him as he pointed at the mark just below his lip. "See? Just a scab."

Hesitantly nodding, Milo decided to let it go. He couldn't help it though, the incessant worrying, especially about Jude. After being friends with him for a little over ten years, and seeing just how shitty people could be to him, it was hard to just stop worrying.

Sighing tiredly, Milo closed his eyes. "I don't wanna get a migraine," he mumbled, reaching for Evangeline's fork and eating her pasta. She smacked his hand away, but he knew that she was only joking.

The three of them always shared their lunch, especially on days when Evangeline would eat her lunch in between classes and not have anything to eat during their actual lunch break.

"I can take you home," Jude offered. "When do you think it's gonna hit?"

"Dunno. Really fucking soon."

When Milo said soon, he didn't mean in a little over an hour.

He was currently standing outside an empty classroom, head pressed against his locker, as he desperately waited for the last period to end, even though it had just started. I need Jude or Evangeline. Fuck.

There was a massive fucking throbbing pain behind his eyes, preventing him from functioning like a normal person. For a moment, Milo considered dragging himself to the nurse, but then, he got hit by such an intense spike of pain behind his eyes, that all he could do was whimper and hope that Jude would get the fuck out of class soon.