29. tears and other fun things

warning: use of homophobic slur.

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

TEARS AND OTHER FUN THINGS

xen🐀🖤 -
Milo, I'm literally going to end you.

xen🐀🖤 -
If you send me a cursed image one more time, I swear to god, I'll place a pillow between the two of us when we sleep.

milo🐁🖕🏼💕💞💕💞💞💕💞💕💞 -
xen😲 u wouldn't !!!!

xen🐀🖤 -
Yeah, I wouldn't. You'll cry if I do.

milo🐁🖕🏼💕💞💕💞💞💕💞💕💞 -
😦

Pocketing his phone, Milo plastered on a fake smile, nodding at his next customer and humming to himself as he scanned their items.

Over the weekend, Milo's dad had driven the two of them, Xen and Milo, to Xen's house, because he had to collect the rest of his things. There wasn't too much to collect, considering Xen didn't own much of anything, just some more clothes, all his identity proof shit, and the rest of his things for school, like his laptop and notes.

Milo didn't exactly want Xen to go back to his parents' house, and he definitely didn't want Xen to have to deal with them, but it had to be done if he wanted to leave.

But when Xen had come out of the house a whole fifteen minutes later, hands trembling, and eyes filled with unshed tears, Milo wished that he hadn't gone at all.

Of course, Xen had promised that nothing had happened, and that they just cursed him out for a bit, but Milo didn't want him to just brush that off. He didn't want him to just act like it was okay, when it clearly wasn't.

They spent the next two days together, and thankfully, Milo's dad and Lia were getting adjusted to having Xen around. After realising that Xen was (unfortunately) a horror movie fanatic, Lia had taken it upon herself to binge watch horror movies with him, ones that Milo always refused to watch with her, because he was too scared.

So all in all, everyone was getting along just fine.

Once he was done scanning the items, he handed them over to his customer, eyes roaming around the store. He had to cover for someone else today, Kyle, probably, so he was working a double shift. And he was fucking exhausted, after getting sworn out by two customers who were impatient pieces of shit.

One of them had even threatened him with violence, but thankfully, his manager had stepped in before anything bad could happen.

Milo really fucking hated being a retail worker.

Taking his phone out of his pocket, Milo began to scroll through it again, replying to Xen's message.

xen🐀🖤 -
When did you change your contact name on my phone?

milo🐁🖕🏼💕💞💕💞💞💕💞💕💞 -
this morning heh u where sleeping !!😎 do u like it☺️

milo🐁🖕🏼💕💞💕💞💞💕💞💕💞 -
*were sorry :( am trying my best </3

Just when Milo was about to read Xen's text, Milo's eyes fell on something. Particularly, someone. Oh no.

"Oh, I thought that was you, Milo!"