8. ivy

important! i edited the previous chapter yesterday, and re-published it. if you haven't read the new version of it, i'd suggest that you do before you read this update! carry on if u have, thank u !

CHAPTER EIGHT

IVY

"Who's a little princess? Who's my favourite baby?"

Evangeline sighed. "Fucking knew I shouldn't have brought Ivy. Milo's gonna spend the entire day with her now."

Milo grinned, watching as Ivy ran around Jude's house, before flopping down next to his legs. He picked her up and promptly placed her on his lap, laughing when she nuzzled her head into his stomach.

"The rest of them are here, hold her," Jude instructed, pointing to Ivy as he opened the door. "Are any of y'all scared of dogs?"

Looking up, Milo glanced at Xen, who gave him a small smile when he entered the house. His eyes fell on Ivy, and instantly, his smile grew into a full-blown grin.

He looked at Jude and Evangeline. "Can I pet her?" Xen asked, and once he got Evangeline's approval, he held out a hand, letting Ivy shove her face into it.

"Okay, well- are the rest of y'all okay with dogs?" Jude questioned, closing the door behind him. No one was home, which Milo was thankful for. While he thought Jude's parents were cool, he was also slightly intimidated by them.

He was sure it had something to do with the fact that Jude's dad was nearly a whole foot taller than him.

Faiza shrugged, crashing onto Jude's couch with a small yelp. "A little scared of them, but it's okay. As long as she doesn't come close to me, we're good." She let out an excited gasp when she saw the potato chips on the side table. "Ooh, chips! Can I- ?"

Jude smiled and nodded. "That's chill, Milo's probably gonna be with her the whole time. So you don't have to touch her or anything."

Milo looked at Xen, who was gently stroking the side of Ivy's neck, listening to something Evangeline was saying. An affectionate, and slightly lopsided smile was painted on his face as he spoke to Evangeline.

Suddenly, Ray let out a small whine, legs dangling from the chair next to the couch. "Why the fuck are your chairs so high? Can't even fucking reach the ground," he complained, switching from the chair to the couch, where he pressed himself next to Faiza, despite the abundant space on the couch.

"If we had smaller chairs, no one in this house would be able to sit comfortably," Jude pointed out, chewing on a chip. "We're a tall family, unfortunately. We're all above six feet."

Ray laughed. "Gimme some of your height so that I can get rid of the height dysphoria!"

Glancing up at him, Milo shook his head. "Honestly, short boys are-"

Hot, he wanted to say. But then, he was reminded of the painful fact that he wasn't exactly out to all of them. Which fucked things up a bit, because now, he just looked fucking ridiculous, with his mouth open, as his mind tried to come up with an alternative.

"Short boys are kings!" Milo finally got out, causing Ray to huff.

"You aren't even short, shut the fuck up," Ray chastised. "You're like, a whole six inches taller than me."

Jude shook his head, reaching over to ruffle Milo's hair. "As Milo said, short boys are kings."

The movement of Jude touching Milo's hair was enough to startle Ivy, and she got up, immediately sprinting around the house, amd plopping her body down on Milo's lap once her small burst of energy was gone.