Please

“O-d-e-l-e?” Peter spelled it out for me.

After he helped me clean up my nose bleed, he had set off interrogating me about my name, which in my opinion is plain annoying because all I want to do is lie down and forget all the drama. The Pevensie Drama.

“Yes...Now please can I go back to sleep? My nose hurts from all that bleeding.” I replied.

“A nice change from being an alien, don’t you think? “, Edmund remarked.  Oh no, he’s talking to me, at me! What do I do? Am I supposed to smile? Ignore him? I mean, he just confessed his feelings to me, am I just supposed to ignore that? What does a person do when someone hot likes them? Oh yeah, he’s kind of...Attractive.

“Riva? “, Edmund asked suspiciously. I snapped out of my thoughts.

“Uh, is this important? My last name?” I asked Susan instead. My eyes flickered to Edmund and I could see he was hurt that I was ignoring him. Why am I the bad guy? He feels-bombed me!

“When Edmund found out your last name, I don’t know how he did. He says you told him sometime around when Aslan first spoke to us in that place but I know he’s lying. He would’ve told us sooner about it. Anyways. “Susan began while Edmund gave her a pointed look.

“He told Peter this morning out of the blue.” Susan continued. At this point, my heart had started beating in loud thuds and I had to actually try to keep my expression calm and not embarrassed.

“Your last name is different because it’s the name of this ship we’re sailing in. Now, I think we’re past believing in coincidences so listen to this with a calm mind. This ship was named after a Noble of the Narnian lands. His full name being Odele Storm. He was a courageous man who put a lot of work in making Narnia a better living place and still after Aslan’s time, many people  name things  after him. We think…We assume that you’re one of his descendants, which makes you a Noble too, Riva. “Susan finished with an excited tone.

“Me?” I asked ridiculously.

“Yes, you.” Peter replied.

“No wait, me?” I asked again.

“Yes, you.”  Susan replied.

“And before you ask again, yes. You! “Lucy said in an excited tone. She’d been quiet in the whole exchange and now she was bubbling with excitement. I pondered over what I’d discovered:

The Pevensies are delusional.

Yeah, pretty much that.

“How do you know I’m a descendant? How can you be oh so sure?! “I asked them.

“Is your father’s first name Odele?” Edmund asked me. I stiffened.

“Please, this is important .Can you answer me?”Edmund asked softly. I nodded.

“It’s his first name?” Edmund inquired with a defeated look. I shook my head in denial. Edmund took in a sharp breath and closed his eyes for a moment. I didn’t dare to move. He opened his eyes and said this one word,

Please.”

My head felt light and I felt my guilt taking over me, I willed myself to be brave and at least form some proper coherent words. I was being ridiculous. But it wasn’t like I could help it.

“It’s his last name too. It’s a family name, it’s been for centuries.” I managed to reply with all the confidence I could muster up. Edmund stared at me with a proud smile and I couldn’t help but feel a bit uncomfortable under his gaze but all the same, proud at myself too.

“Odele was from Earth too, right?” Lucy asked. Edmund nodded.

Peter grinned down at me like he’d saved the world from TB. All of the Pevensies were suddenly very, very positive.

“But wait, that doesn’t prove anything. Aslan said I’m royalty too. Nobles aren’t exactly royalty.” I explained and Susan’s proud face fell. I was right.

“It’s a step closer, nevertheless.”Peter said with a smile. Oh Peter, ever the optimist.

“What’s so exciting about being a Noble anyway, all I wanna do is sleep, please get out! “ I said and hit Peter with a pillow.

“There she goes again.” Lucy said with a giggle.

_____________________________________________________________________________

People actually get dressed for breakfast? What sense does that make! Susan put me in a fawn colored, ankle length dress that was too tight at my waist and way too formal for breakfast. Why did I wear it? The rage of a Pevensie is your answer. Don’t ever deny anything Susan says.

We made our way down the steps to the basement of the ship (are they called basement?). Peter and Edmund were already seated and had started on their eggs. My stomach made a weird noise at the thought of food and I quickly took a seat, realizing later that it was next to Edmund. Oh schmoop.

“Can you pass the fruit?” Edmund asked with a mischievous smile. I dropped my fork in surprise. He put his hand over mine as I reached for the fork.

“Please.”

I bit my lip trying to hide a forbidden smile.

Author's Note:

Hey. I'm back from my break from this story. I hope you liked this chapter :3 I'd been focusing on my other story but now I'm back to updating regularly. Have fun reading and leave a comment or vote <3 To the side is Riva's morning dress xD

xxShortHairedLunaticxx