Religion Rant

No, this is not going to me yelling about how my beliefs are right and yours are wrong.  I hate when people do that.  Human beings would have been so much better off if from the begining we just agreed to disagree.

     Sit next to some random stranger on the bus.  What are the odds that you are going to have literally everything in common with that person?  Less than 1 in a billion, probably.  Religion works the same way.  People might call themselves one thing or another, and you might have that word in common.  But it's just a word.  It means different things to different people.

     "It doesn't matter what you believe in when it comes to after death, but I think we can all agree that when people die they leave us behind."  I wrote that a long time ago.  We're all the same under everything.

     In all honesty, I don't think Religion is stupid.  I think it's beautiful.  Look at all the art, music, and culture it's given us!  I just think that some people use it as a tool to build walls and tear apart friendships.  But we are one in the same.  The same air, the same planet Earth.

      Where do you think we came from?  That person over there thinks they came from somewhere else.  But from where you stand, they came from where you did.  So get off your freaking high horse and except them.  Don't try to change them.

     I don't know what I believe, to be honest.  I'm still working that one out.  My parents were kind enough to not force any strict ideas on my siblings and I as kids, so I get to choose what I believe.  I can't thank them for that enough.

      But no, you telling my that this "YouTube"  video proves that your religion is the "right one"  will not make me convert...  There is no right religion.  And the internet isn't valid proof...  Get your act together people.

      Religion is meant to be beautiful.  It doesn't exist for you to use to control others.  Just love the world, and others.  Because when you get down to it, caring for one another is human nature.

-Kianna