| 01.

RAMIYA HENDERSON Inglewood Park Cemetery Inglewood , CA ; 10:47 AM

RAMIYA HENDERSON
Inglewood Park Cemetery
Inglewood , CA ; 10:47 AM

Standing in front of my fathers casket...my hands shook continuously. Just seeing his bare cold body in front of me I felt so lost...I never thought it even be him. It was always everybody else in the hood...but never my daddy.

The streets had been protecting him since I was born and even before that. Where'd they slip this time ? My dad did so much for these people...the people in his hood and more. I just wanted to know why...and from what I know I'll never really be able to get that answer.

" He'd be so happy to see his baby being so strong for him." I heard my moms voice coming up behind me before feeling her place her hand down on my shoulders.

" I don't know anything else...but what's he's taught me and showed me. I gotta put it to use now." I quietly spoke back to her feeling her squeeze up against my shoulder.

They weren't married and they were no longer together. But my daddy always took care of me and my mama. Kept us in the best of the best , and that wasn't just clothes.

That went for houses , cars , opportunities and more. He was the reason , my online hair boutique was up and running and making very good money. One things for sure , he left us to be very well taken care of.

" Little ol' Ramiya." I heard a women's voice approaching the left side of me. Turning over I seen , my Auntie Star coming up to me.

She was the oldest out of my brothers siblings and one of the most hardworking women I knew. Just like me , she was running a beauty business , she sold wholesale nale supplies for nail techs.

" Hey Auntie Star." I smiled a little before she pulled me into a side hug and I hugged her back. Her and my mom greeted each other and hugged as well.

" I know your hurting baby...but I want you to know your daddy is so damn proud of you stink. His old child...his world. You gotta keep making him proud." She whispered to me and she just held onto me. Resting my body back against hers she just held onto me.

It was like that was all it took , was for her to just touch me and the tears began again. Just letting her hold me and I cried...I had no feelings I had no words.

I was just numb.

—— •• ㊙️

After daddy's funeral , we all had back to the house. We just had a little after service get to together , food , talking , some laughter.

My daddy was a gang banger , a crip to be exact. Straight out the 60's , where all the famous crips come from. His name rung bells around LA and around his hood , and he had the most respect in his hood. He was a legend and one of their best hustlers.