Part 17: The Past

The song Warriors by Imagine Dragons is uploaded.

We all march into the hangar together, approaching the platform as a team

We all march into the hangar together, approaching the platform as a team. The light from the sun set shines through the windows on our left, hitting our faces and hair. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel powerful in this moment. But more than that, I feel even more hopeful. And I'm taking that feeling with me through this whole mission.

While we all climb on up the stairs and take our rightful places, making room for each of us, Bruce sets the controls so the machine will activate on its own.

All thirteen of us in a circle throw our wrist that has the bracelet with our Pym Particles for our individual trips in the middle. This moment is as close to feeling like we're a whole team again without the others as we're gonna get.

"Five years ago we lost. All of us," Steve starts to say, making another one of his hopeful speeches as he looks to each of us in the circle. "We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of out lives. . .and we're gonna win." He meets Tony's eyes, and I let mine meet my daughter as he finishes by saying, "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

Helena stares at him and smiles, losing herself in his optimism despite everything she knew and prepared for just to be here at this moment. But I guess it's every moment after she hasn't prepared herself for yet.

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket comments.

"Right?" Scott replies, all fanboy-like.

Before I give myself time to think on that, Tony takes his turn to speak when he says, "Alright, you heard the man! Stroke those keys, Jolly Green!"

"Trackers engaged!" Our Smart Hulk responds.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asks Clint, whose holding a miniature size version of his spaceship after it was shrunken down small enough for the archer to hold in his hand.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Clint says. "Okay, I'll do my best."

"As promises go that was pretty lame," Rocket mutters.

Just a moment later and Bruce finally joins us in the circle, activating the machine to start this whole process once again.

I look over to my right at Nat, wanting one good look at her before we go off on our missions. I want to see her one last time. . .knowing what is to happen. I look at her and prepare myself with the fact that she won't be coming back. There's so so many things I want to say, so many things I want to do. She won't be able to say goodbye to us, to Clint, to Helena.