Part 30: The Ceremony

AN: The song Obvious by Chptrs is featured. EnJoy!

"Okay, done!" My wonderful maid of honor alerts me. She lets out a small cheer after she finishes zipping up the back of my dress. Then I'm finally able to release the breath I've been holding for I don't know how long.

I smooth down the sides of my wedding gown before resting my hands on my hips.

"You look great," Evelyn says, standing on my left. She holds her hands together as she eyes the embroidery on my dress in awe.

"I feel great!"

I turn to look at myself in the full-body mirror behind me. I instantly gasp at the women I see in it. It's a women I don't recognize. The woman standing there with a layer of make-up, hair pinned back in a bun filled with baby's breath, and dressed in a full-length gown with heels.

"You're so beautiful," Nat compliments me from her spot on the couch.

I look at her from her reflection in the mirror, taking in her grey blazer with matching slacks. She told me she borrowed that blazer from someone who's name she didn't say. "Thanks."

Helena giggles up at me through the mirror, sitting on her godmother's lap. "You're so pretty, mommy!"

My anxious smile from cold feet turns into a real one from glee just by the look on her face. I walk over to the couch, bending down to give her a hug. "Thank you, sunbeam." I take another good look at her. Her hair's is pinned back with a cute white flower clip. She's dressed in a cute, short white tulle dress with embroidered flowers. She's my gorgeous flower girl.

"You look even prettier," I tell her, fixing the straps of her new white shoes.

She giggles, shaking her head.

I stand up when there's a knock on the door to our bedroom turned dressing room.

"Hope everyone's decent!" Steve shouts from the other side.

"Come in!" Nat shouts back.

Cap enters.

"Let's get this show—"

He stops the moment his eyes find me.

Steve's hand slips off the doorknob as he stands in the doorway dressed in his suit, pure shock and adoration flooding his face. "Wow."

I can see his kind eyes start to tear up. And I can feel tears start pooling in my own.

"Hey, no crying," Wanda orders Steve. "At least not now. 'Cause then Andi's gonna cry and I don't want to ruin her make-up which I spent a whole hour doing."

Steve smiles and nods, holding in his shock at her giving him orders this time around.

"How's Pietro?" I ask, knowing he's just probably with the other guys.

"Great. He's happy," he tells me, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Everyone's happy. . .happy for you both."

"Good."

Nat walks up to him, patting his chest. "Okay, I'll let everyone know we're ready. Think it's time to get this thing started." She kisses his cheek before turning to me. "See you out there!"