Chapter 9

The explanation that she told the girls was short and simple. She knew that they wouldn't believe her about the whole "ghost" thing, so she made up a lie. 

"Yeah, it turns out that the Asher I've been talking to looks similar to the Asher kid who died. It freaked me out because I thought it was him. But I just got confused. It was one crazy coincidence." Emily and Julia believed Evangeline's story instantly. Charlotte on the other hand, she didn't think Evangeline was telling the truth. The whole night that they were at Julia's house, Charlotte noticed that Evangeline was more quiet than usual. She seemed to be thinking about something. Charlotte decided she was going to ask her about it on Monday at school. 

Julia quickly passed out on her bed from the amount of alcohol she drank, which was very little, and it was just Charlotte, Emily and Evangeline that were awake. 

"Soooo Char, what did you think about that Trevor guy?" whispered Emily. Evangeline looked up from the magazine she had buried her face in. Charlotte blushed.

"Hey was cool, no Hero Fiennes Tiffin or Dylan O'Brien, but he was very cute and sweet."

"So did you guys kiss or not?" asked Emily blatantly. Evangeline clapped her hands to her mouth, holding back a laugh. 

"No, well, yeah ok we kissed one time, so what, next conversation."

"Char" Evangeline spoke up, "if you like him then just ask the dude out. Do it before he finds someone else."

"Yeah. Plus I read somewhere that if you ask the guy out before he asks you out, there's a better chance of a strong tight knit relationship" Emily said. She laughed quietly.

"Emily you're so full of shit" Charlotte exclaimed. She took the pillow she had been holding and threw it at Emily, missing by a mile. Evangeline yawned, but Charlotte could tell it was a fake one. 

"Alright my dudes, I'm going to bed. My eyes literally can't stay open."

"Eva, since when do you go to bed early? You're always up till like 5 in the morning" Charlotte stated. 

"Yeah I know, I'm just feeling a bit tired tonight."

"Ok, we should probably all go to bed," Emily said, "if Julia wakes up because we were talking she's going to be in her mad drunk state." Charlotte laughed. Evangeline said a quick goodnight to Emily and Charlotte, and then she turned in her sleeping bag to go to bed. Charlotte turned off the light in the room, and there was no noise. It was eerily silent to Charlotte. 

Charlotte laid in her sleeping bag thinking about Evangeline. Evangeline was definitely hiding something, which was unusual because the girls shared everything with each other. Charlotte remembered when she had first met Evangeline and Julia. It had been in 7th grade, and they met during school. It was lunchtime for everyone, and Charlotte had taken a seat at a table with her sister. Charlotte didn't have many friends, so she stuck with Emily most of the time. A girl with brown hair and intriguing blue eyes came up to where they were sitting. 

"Hey, can I sit here," the girl asked. Charlotte immediately said yes, hoping to make a new friend. The girl had taken a seat, and shortly after, another girl plopped herself down at their table, slamming her tray of food down. 

"Hey guys, I'm Julia," the second girl said. Charlotte and Emily introduced themselves. 

"I'm Evangeline," the first girl said.

"I like your name" Charlotte stated. Evangeline smiled, and that comment started what would be an unbreakable friendship. They hung out all the time and did everything together. At the end of the 7th grade they even made a list of things that their group had to follow. It only consisted of two things, but they were very important to the friend group. #1-if there's a fight in the group, work it out, because losing each other would  suck. And #2-tell eachother everything, we're best friends for a reason. 

Charlotte heard a loud snore and tuned out from the flashback she was having. Julia was snoring profoundly loud in her bed. Charlotte smiled at the memory she had thought about, and her mind turned back to Evangeline. Something is definitely up with Eva she thought. She made a mental note in her head to text Evangeline on Monday and tell her to come to school early. Something was going on with her, and Charlotte was going to find out what it was.