Epilogue

A month had passed since the whole event had gone down. Evangeline had struggled to grasp the fact that Asher was gone, but over time she learned to deal with it. Her, Charlotte, and Ethan had to pretend like nothing had ever happened when they were around others. Charlotte had told Julia and Emily that they had just spent the weekend together. And they believed it, and asked no questions. Evangeline was more quiet when she was around others, and Charlotte would just tell people she was going through family stuff. Everyone dealt with family stuff, so no one asked questions.

They went back to their normal routine, which was school. Evangeline acted like a zombie in the first few days of returning. But as days went on her mood brightened, and soon she was back to her old self. Ethan had even kept his promise too. He watched over Charlotte and Evangeline, and the trio soon became friends. Her and the girls had planned a sleepover for the weekend at Julia's, and Evangeline was excited to get to hang out with her friends. She had left her house early, heading to Julias. But when she pulled out of her driveway, instead of going in the direction of Julia's house, she went in the opposite direction. She drove for about 20 minutes until she reached her destination. She parked the car, but still sat in her seat. She took out an envelope from her bag. She opened it, pulling out a piece of paper. She read it over.

Dear the Addams family,

Hello, my name is Evangeline. I was a close friend with your son Asher. I just wanted to let you know that he loved all of you so much. Words can't even describe how much he loved you. Before he passed, he had told me that he was living his best life. He was such a genuine happy person, and he cared so deeply for everyone around him. I only knew him for a short amount of time, but my time with him was great. Hanging out with him was great. And I loved being around him. You guys truly did something right raising him, because he was an incredible person.

Love,

Evangeline

She put the letter in the envelope and stepped out of the car. Even Asher's house was incredible. Although it wasn't that big, she loved the way it looked and how much it looked like a home. She placed the letter in their mailbox and started walking back to her car. But as she was about to get into the car a voice stopped her.

"Who are you?" She turned around to come face to face with a younger girl. She was wearing a flowery dress, and had bright blue eyes. Asher's sister, Claire.

"My name is Evangeline. I was a friend of Ashers." Claire nodded.

"So what are you doing here?"

"Well, I just wanted to give your parents something. It's in the mailbox. Would you mind giving it to them?"

"Sureeee thing." A smile formed across Claire's face.

"Well I have to go, but I hope to see you again soon." Evangeline waved at Claire as she got in her car and drove off. She watched as the young girl opened the mailbox, taking out the letter. She skipped back inside, looking happy. Evangeline had one last stop before going to Julia's house.

She drove back the way she came until she reached the park. She pulled a bouquet of flowers out from the back of her car, and walked to her bench. She placed the flowers on the bench, taking a seat. No one was in the park, leaving Evangeline to her own thoughts. She traced the lines of the benh, running over the plaque that said the bench was dedicated to Asher.

"I miss you so much." She still had the memory burned into her head of his blue eyes each time she would look at him. She missed him being by her side. She missed holding his hand, even though she didn't get to do it for long. She wished she could see him again. But she knew that the dead were dead, and even she couldn't change that. A rustling of bushes from behind the bench caught her attention. She jumped and turned around, only to face a boy. A boy with ocean blue eyes. A boy with a face Evangeline could never forget.

"I missed you too Evangeline."

Asher.