Chapter 11

Friday came along, and Evangeline could not be more excited. She couldn't wait for school to be over so she could meet Asher again. The final bell rang after what felt like the longest day for Evangeline. Charlotte drove them to Evangeline's house.

"Soooooo, what does this kid even look like? I didn't see what his picture was at the party" Charlotte said while she was driving. Evangeline didnt show her a picture, she was driving, and Charlotte was an easily distracted driver. 

"Welp, he's taller than me. His voice is angelic by the way. He's got brown hair, some muscle to him too. And his eyes, don't even get me started. It's like looking into the depths of an ocean."

"Humm, I'll look at a picture when we get to your house." Evangeline smiled at the thought of Asher. When she was with him... things just felt right to her. Like anything was possible. 

"You really like him, don't you?" Charlotte said in a sad tone. Evangeline nodded. They pulled up into Evangeline's driveway. Evangeline's mom was still at work, and she was grateful she didn't have to deal with her. Both girls got out of the car, and went to the kitchen to grab food before going to Evangeline's bedroom. Once they got their food, they walked to her bedroom. Charlotte threw her things on the floor and plopped onto the bed.

"When does ghost boy get here?" Charlotte asked. 

"Right about now." Evangeline jumped at the sound of the voice by the doorway. She turned around and saw Asher had just walked in. 

"I'm guessing he just got here?" It was more of a statement than a question, and Evangeline nodded.

"Hey Asher."

"Hey Eva, I've missed you."

"I've missed you too."

Asher tilted his head towards the bed, pointing out Charlotte. 

"Whose that?" he asked. Evangeline smiled, and walked over to the bed, taking a seat next to Charlotte. Charlotte looked confused as hell, and she wished for a moment that she could see Asher to understand what was going on. 

"This Asher, is my best friend, Charlotte. Dont worry, she knows everything." Charlotte just sat there, completely clueless as to what was happening between the two.

"You told her everything and she doesn't think you're crazy?"

"Yep, she believes me."

"Ok, well tell her I say hi then."

"Asher says hi."

"Well Asher, it's nice to meet you, well, I'm not really meeting you because I can't see or hear you, oh hell you get the point, wherever the hell you're standing." They all laughed. Asher turned to Evangeline.

"Ok, let's get down to business. So I took your suggestion and started talking to people like me. Turns out most of us have a lot in common. I even learned a few things."

"That's great Ash."

"And I brought someone with me actually if that's ok, I think she can help us." Evangeline nodded in approval, although she didn't see anyone else in the room.

"Ok Sarah, come on in" he called. A girl stepped into the room. She looked like she was in her 20's. She had curly dirty blond hair, and green eyes. She was wearing odd clothes though. Denim jeans and a gray sweater with a neon colored jacket tied around her waist. She tucked a strand of hair behind her and stood next to Asher. 

"Hey, I'm Sarah." she said. Evangeline almost stuck out her hand to shake, but then she remembered she couldn't actually touch any of them. Charlotte was still on the bed, and she looked at Evangeline.