Chapter 1: Lovely Day

Spidey was swinging through the city, it was a lovely day out, barely a cloud in the sky, bright and sunny, quite warm too, honestly Peter wondered why days like this always seem to have some crime, "People, should be out enjoying summer! The sun-" He stopped mid thought as he heard an alarm and some shouts from the street below.
he swung down and saw someone in a yellow plaid hoody running with someone's wallet.
Spidey recognised the hoodie almost instantly, "Herman!? What are you doing?" he exclaims after realising who it was.
"Oh no, not you!" Herman exclaimed as he turned around and saw spidey and instantly started running away faster, "Oh I knew it was you! No one else would wear a hoodie that bad! c'mon Hermy, didn't you get parole last week and your already back to a life of crime? Honestly I expected better." he shoots a web to Herman's back and pulls him back towards him.
After grabbing the wallet from him and webbing him up, he hands the wallet back to the person it was stolen from, "Dont spend it all in one place!" And without a second word, he swings away, wondering what would happen next.

Peter walked through the street, passing by some shops, as he made his way to his apartment, admittedly he could just swing there and it'd be way faster, but not only would that risk people seeing spidey go into his appartment, possibly revealing his secret identity, but also his landlord and their daughter would wonder how Peter got there, one of them would probably catch on to how if that happened.
So he walked home, but it wasn't boring, he got to see people just, living life, rather than focusing on stopping crime, or web swinging so he didn't fall to the pavement while patrolling, it also gave him a chance to have a break from being spidey, sure, helping people is great, but you can't just do that 24/7, otherwise you'd get pretty pessimistic, atleast Peter assumed it would, he hadn't tested that theory, and he doubted he ever would...

He had little time to relax when he got back to his apartment though, as he fumbled with the door to his apartment, he realised it was still broken, "when are they gonna get this fixed?" He wondered to himself as he made a mental note to ask the landlord about it when he came to collect Peters rent.
Peter sat down on his bed and turned on the tv, "John Jameson should now be making his return trip from—" Peter stopped listening at the mention of John Jameson, John was the son of his boss, J. Jonah Jameson, head of the daily bugle.
John was also his girlfriend Mary Janes' ex fiancé, the two of them almost got married, but Mj called it off to be with Peter-
"-to get back safe- wait, what? Oh okay uh... Breaking News! A crane has gone out of control and hit—" Peter froze as he heard that last bit, Mj was in the building that was hit by the crane... "I gotta go save her-" he muttered to himself as he suited up and swung out to the building. "I hope she's alright..." he thought to himself as he swung there...