Chapter 4: Escape

"What are you doing!? He Killed Me!" Shouted Harry's reflection, though it didn't really look like him, it was his father, Norman Osborn, who had been killed by spider-man "I'm trying..." Harry thought to himself, "I'm trying to gain his trust, so it makes it easier to hurt him when he least expects it" Harry said, the reason sounding sure, but deep down he knew he wanted to believe Peter, they where best friends, why would his best friend kill his dad? He wanted to hear what Peter had to say.
His reflection stayed silent, just glaring daggers at him from the glass that was reflecting him, "Harry, the time for action, is NOW!" Norman roared at his son.

The substance watched as the being that it sensed had great power left, it tried to follow, but it was stuck in this clear prison, so it just waited, hoping something would allow it to exit its cage, and follow the man.
The one that the man had spoken to and walked into the room with seemed to be talking to nothing, the substance wondered if that was normal for these creatures, the persons speaking then turned to shouting, the substance moved away as it saw the man rear back and punch their reflection out of anger, cracking its prison. Escape?

"Ow... I should get out of here..." Harry muttered quietly, leaving the room, not noticing the alien lifeform move towards the crack he had made in the glass.

When the man was out of sight, the substance crawled to the crack and after a bit of pushing, oozed through it, and out of the small glass dome it had been imprisoned in, it was free. It quickly started moving in the direction the one it sensed had great powers went, it followed the sense of power that had radiated off of the being, it took a while of oozing through hallways, under the cracks in doors and dodging people's feet before it got outside of the building, it stopped for a moment, trying to get a strong sense of the direction the man had went in, the sense of power was weak since the man had presumably gotten pretty far, but it could still sense it just faintly enough that it set off in a direction, following the sense of power from the man.

Harry got back to his giant mansion, it always felt so empty with just him and Bernard, he wished more people would come over, but that rarely happpened- "it's time son." Norman said from Harry's mirror, Harry turned to it, he knew what his father had meant, he reluctantly walked over to the mirror and pulled it open, and walked into the room behind the mirror, the chamber was ready for him, he walked over to it and after putting the vials into the machine and pushing some buttons on the machine, he took a deep breathe and walked into the glass cube and closed the door...

After waiting outside a tall building that it could tell wasn't the mans home, after he left the building the substance followed him, careful not to get too close or get seen, it stuck to the shadows and blended into them seamlessly. After a while, the substance had finally arrived at a tall building, it waited and watched as the man went inside the building. The sky was getting dark, it could tell this was probably where the man lived.
So it slithered under the door and into the building, it hid in the corners as it looked for a way to easily get to its future host, it noticed a small hole covered with a metal grate, it slithered over and oozed through the grate, and into the vent, it silently crawled through the vents, searching for wherever its unsuspecting host was...