Chapter: Past.

I remembered where she was from when I started looking at my childhood photos that Eomma had sent me.
"Smile!" she'd said.
I put the camera down. "I'm the one who's supposed to say that!"
"Yeah, but you're not smiling!"
"Why should I smile?"
"Why should you not smile?" she laughed at me, but she doesn't know what I went through this morning.
"Come on. Smile."
"No."
"Lee! Come on! Do it for me."
"Fine. But just this once." I smiled for her, and she smiled back.
It was the cutest smile I had ever seen, and I took a few pictures of her: two for the school, and one for me.
She laughed once she saw the pictures. "Lee, you're a great photographer! You should think about a career in that."
"Nah." I said, looking up at the sky. "I'm going to become an idol."
She shrugged. "Suit yourself."
I looked at her as she walked away. Halfway to the school, she turned around and smiled at me, bringing out a grin of my own.

I asked her out after a few weeks, and she's said yes. We dated for about a year, then she suddenly disappeared. I didn't know where she went. Neither did her friends. I asked the principal too, but he just said that her father sent a letter, but that was it. No calls, no letters, no emails, no texts.

I showed MJ the pictures I had taken: Eomma sent me all three of them.
"She even looks like who she is now. How could you not recognize her?"
"It was so long ago! I didn't think she'd be back..."
"Who'd be back from where?" she asked, taking off her backpack.
"You."
She made a face. "Where would I be back from?"
"From whenever you moved to."
"Oh." She walked toward me, hands wringing. "So you remember now?"
"Have you come to work under me to make me realize who you are?"
"No! Lee- I mean, Cha- I thought I was working for ASTRO. You changed your name, remember? My employment was coincidental, but I chose to be your makeup artist."
I sighed, and my shoulders drooped.
"I'll leave you two alone. Cha, remember, two hours." said MJ.
"Yeah. I know." He left the room. I turned to Y/n.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
She scoffed. "Why didn't I tell you? Do you know how many people get scammed like this? Do you what would happen if I just came up to you and said, 'Oh hey, by the way, we dated about seven years ago.'? You obviously wouldn't remember me. It was so long ago, and you're a k-pop star now. And a model. There's no way you would've known. I wanted to wait until you finally realized. It took a while. Three months. But thank god for your mother: if it weren't for her, I don't know how much longer I would have been waiting." She looked up at me, eyes shining. "Hey, at least it's a good thing you know now."
"...what would you say if I said I didn't want to date you?"
She shook her head. "I don't care. I just want to be able to see you every day."
I moved closer to her, and wrapped my arms around her waist. She put her hands around my neck.
"...what would you say if I said that I wanted to kiss you?"
She inhaled slowly. Her fingers curled in my hair, and I grabbed her tighter. Our foreheads touched, and she exhaled, her hot breath on my throat. She closed her eyes. I bent my head down so our noses touched. We were so close. She inhaled again. My heart beat faster, and I moved closer to her. I could almost hear her heartbeat.

She whispered. "I would say yes."

Our lips almost touched each other. I wanted to kiss her so badly. I wanted to kiss her and never let go. Her fingers in my hair tightened. Our lips grazed one another, almost touching, but not quite. Her arms locked around my neck, and we moved closer-

Knock knock.

We opened our eyes and turned toward the door, to see my manager. The new one. The one I didn't like.

"What are you two doing?"
"N-nothing." She said, swiftly moving away from me.
"Y/n." the manager said, turning his head toward her. She looked down, wincing. "What did I tell you about your job?"
"Y-yes, yes, I remember." She stammered. "Yes. Yes. Um, Mr. Cha, it's time for your rehearsal."

Mr. Cha?
Since when did she call me Mr. Cha?
And it wasn't time for my rehearsal. We still had an hour and forty minutes.
"Mr. Cha. It's time for your rehearsal. Go." Y/n repeated.
"What about you?" I demanded. "You're supposed to come with me, Y/n."
She winced. "I'll come. Just give me a few minutes." She glanced at the manager, who was glowering at her.
Shaking my head, I walked out of the room. The manager was closing the door behind me, and I saw Y/n looking scared, the manager moving closer to her.

I saw him pick up something. A stick.

Y/n was covering her face with her arms. The manager raised the stick.

I ran back to the room, about to banging on the door, when I heard a soft cry. I banged on the door, hard, but no one opened it. I kept banging on the door, trying to open it, but it was locked.

I slid down on to the ground when I realized what was happening inside.