FanFiction Just In Community Forum V More The Time In Between by kjc1123 Books

FanFiction
Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
The Time In Between by kjc1123
Books » Harry Potter Rated: M, English, Romance & Angst, Ron W., Hermione G., Words: 243k+, Favs: 1k+, Follows: 729, Published: Jan 18, 2011 Updated: Feb 4, 2014
1,222Chapter Seventeen: On the Road Again
A/N: Thanks for all of the great feedback. I hope everyone likes this chapter too. Be forewarned, I will be taking the physical aspect of their relationship slowly (no "consummation" of their relationship yet) but there will be plenty of steamy moments until then! I've never written these types of scenes, I hope everyone likes them!

Chapter 17: On the Road Again

"Good morning Miss. Granger! Mr. Weasley, excellent to see you as well although we were only expecting Miss. Granger. Will you be accompanying her on this journey as well?"

Ron and Hermione both stood as Kingsley Shacklebolt walked into the room.

"Hello Minister," said Hermione. "Yes, Ron will be joining me on my trip to Australia."

Kingsley took his seat behind his massive desk, waving them both to take their seats as well. He was a commanding figure and was well on his way to becoming one of the greatest Ministers that their world had ever seen.

"So," he began, "are you still sure that you want to undertake this expedition?"

Before Ron could open his mouth, Hermione spoke. "Yes sir. I just can't delay it any longer. I need to know that they are alright. I need to bring them home."

Kingsley studied Hermione over his clasped hands. He nodded saying, "I had a feeling you would say that. Well, if that is the case, then the two of you should really get going. The Minister in Sydney is awaiting your arrival. His name is Sebastian St. Claire. I took the liberty of forwarding some information about your parents Miss. Granger. It is possible that officials there might be able to assist you."

"Thank you Minister," said Hermione, "that was very thoughtful. Well, I guess we'll be off then?"

Kingsley stood. "Yes, we arranged for a Portkey to leave from the conference room next door. Just follow me." He walked toward a door located near his desk which opened to a spacious conference room that was dominated by a large table.

Ron stood and followed Hermione. He still couldn't believe that his parents were on board with this, especially his mum. They had no idea how long it would take to find Hermione's parents. The two of them could be gone for months. He thought back to the conversation he had with Hermione the previous night as they were doing some last minute packing in his room.

"I am just saying that I am surprised she didn't give you a harder time Hermione, that's all," said Ron in a frustrated tone.

Hermione shoved yet another sweater into her suitcase. Ron watched, a look of confusion coming over his face. "Can you please tell me why you are packing such a heavy sweater when it is almost June?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, turning to face him. "Really Ron, do you ever pay attention in class? Australia is below the equator. Therefore, they are heading into the winter season while we are just beginning our summer one."

"Oh," he said. "Damn, I am going to need to repack a lot of stuff then." He turned back to his suitcase and Hermione watched dumbfounded as he pulled out shorts, a bathing suit, and about ten t-shirts.

"Really Ron, a bathing suit?" she asked, her eyebrows arched.

"Well, we might be near a beach, right?" he asked hopefully.

Hermione just shook her head, turning back to her own suitcase. "Anyway, I am not surprised about your mum being so onboard with this." She paused a minute, considering her next sentence. "She has just lost a child. I think she sees my parents in the same light. They have lost a child yet they don't know that. She wants them to have their child back." Hermione stopped, stealing a glance over to Ron. They had spoken very little about Fred. She knew Ron's wound was too raw. She was hoping that getting him away from the Burrow would help.