chapter18

A/N: This trip to Australia is taking longer than I had planned. I hope to wrap it up in the next chapter. Please let me know what you think!

Chapter 18: A Plan Takes Shape

Ron peeked open his eyes to see the sun streaming through the window. The clock next to the bed said it was 7:30 in the morning. He could feel Hermione stir beside him. His hand was still wrapped around her waist and he pulled her closer to him. Ron was still in awe of what had occurred between them the previous night. He hadn't been lying to Hermione—his experience with Lavender had been limited. She had been a silly girl happy to give silly kisses and let him grope her like the inexperienced teenage boy he was. Hermione, however, was anything but silly. He couldn't believe how passionate and sexy she was. She presented herself so differently; one would never suspect the sensual creature that was lurking beneath the studious façade. Ron considered himself to be the luckiest bloke in the world. He was the only one who had gotten to see that side of her, he was the one who brought it out of her and he puffed up slightly from the thought.

Hermione was wide awake. She was staring out the window, watching the sky brighten. She knew that Ron was awake and she wondered what he was thinking about. Her mind kept replaying what had happened the night before. Her cheeks started to flame thinking about the physical reaction she had to Ron's touch. She thought about all of the times they had lain together, at Grimmauld Place and in the tent. Those touches had elicited heat as well but nothing like she had experienced last night. It made her want more: more touching, more wanting, more Ron. He was so gentle with her and seemed to know exactly what to do to bring her to the edge and back again. She shivered slightly and was embarrassed to feel desire building up in her once more.

"Are you chilly," he asked, although he could feel how warm she was, her body pressed so close to his. He inhaled sharply as she wriggled her bottom against him. Hermione almost gasped as she could feel how hard he was. She turned suddenly to look at him.

Ron had turned red, looking down, not wanting to meet her eyes. "Sorry, it's just morning, you know."

Hermione smiled. One of her guilty pleasures was the bodice ripping romances she used to get from the Muggle library at home. She remembered that little fact about men in the morning from one of those books. "It's okay," she said shyly, "I don't mind."

Ron looked up at her. He hoped his breath didn't smell horrible but she didn't seem to mind being so close to him. In fact, she moved her hand up, brushing away a lock of hair from his brow. Her gentle touch warmed his heart as well as other choice parts of his body. He gently kissed her, cupping his hands on either side of her face.

Even though Ron's kiss was just the barest brushing of his lips against hers, Hermione couldn't help but feel a surge of warmth spread through her. Before he could move his lips away from her, Hermione, tentatively at first, touched her tongue to his mouth, feeling a surge of relief as he opened up to her. His hands moved down her face, traveling the length of her back until she could feel them on her bottom, cupping her and pulling her into him at the same time. She loved the feel of his hardness against her, and, emboldened by their experience the previous night, she quickly slipped her hand down the front of his boxers to touch him.

Ron felt the breath leave his body as Hermione wrapped her hand around him. She wasn't hesitant this time, in fact she seemed to have gained some confidence overnight. He felt her hand move up and down his length and knew he wouldn't have any staying power. As she worked her magic, he let his hand drift under her camisole, fondling her breasts. She responded by moving her hand even faster on him. He moaned into her mouth when she caught his tongue and began to suck on it with her own. Hermione took this as a good sign and started to move her mouth over his tongue, mimicking the same motion her hand was making. Ron couldn't contain himself anymore as he cried out her name and felt himself release against her.