10 Embellishment

A love like that was a serious illness, an illness from which you never entirely recover.

Charles Bukowski

The chiming of the countless wind-chimes fill the air as her fingers graze them delicately, following the movement with her eyes and scanning each piece fleetingly

The chiming of the countless wind-chimes fill the air as her fingers graze them delicately, following the movement with her eyes and scanning each piece fleetingly. They are all too beautiful, but she needs a perfect one. Something that would suit someone like him.

Something bold but something subtle.

Something with both light and dark shades in it.

A glint of gold catches her attention. She reaches out to unhook the wind-chime and holds it up in her hand. It's golden, like his eyes, and black, like hers. It's like both of them. She smiles.

"I'll take it," she tells the shopkeeper.

"Okay, miss. I'll pack it for you."

"Thank you."

Leyla finishes her shopping and puts her things in the car. She drives to the library and goes inside. The smell of books and serene atmosphere welcome her. She instantly feels at peace.

She looks up for the books she needs and issues them, then chooses a computer and goes to check her mails.

Time is precious. And it's flying. She needs to unfold her wings too.

She notices an email sent to her about a month ago. She probably had missed it back then due to the drama going on in her life and the mishaps between her and Burq.

She opens it to read it.

My beloved,

My heart still seeks you every day. Wherever you are, I hope we can be together again soon.

There's no name of the sender mentioned, neither does the email give away anything about them. But Leyla doesn't need a name to know who it is.

Her hands tremble and she blames it on the cold weather to calm her frenzied nerves, even though it's warm inside the library. Her heart goes wild like an animal unleashed. Subconsciously she presses her palm to her chest.

How did he find her email?

If he can find her email, he can certainly find more, including her whereabouts. The thought only rises chaos within her.

Her phone rings in her bag and she jumps, startled, quickly reaching inside to silence it before reading the caller ID.

Spogmay.

Leyla logs out of her account on the computer, gathers her things and leaves. Once outside, she calls her sister back who receives on the second ring, seemingly waiting for her.

"Salam," Spogmay greets.

"Salam," Leyla greets back.

"I've been calling you for a while but you wouldn't answer. I got worried," her sister speaks hurriedly.