43. The Families

Hi guys

so someone reached up to me and said they wish I replied to my comments so for this chapter I'm going to reply to each and every comment and answer any questions to help you understand anything.

-----------------------------------------------

 The following day after breakfast, Mano and Emmie decided to go out to the beach and just relax and enjoy each other's company. Tan and Nial had decided to go and do some work so it was just going to be the two of them.

Mano went up and changed into some swim shorts while Emmie instructed a few guards to bring all the things they would need. Finally being able to spend some quality time with her baby was exhilarating and she couldn't wait to just be able to enjoy her baby without worrying over if someone would find them or if anyone was after them, of cause someone was after them but they were at the private island and no one could ever get to them even if they tried. 

With one guard carrying two beach umbrellas and one carrying a cooler with all the refreshing liquids they'd need, they both made their way to one of Emmie's favorite places to just chill. While the guards set up everything, Emmie applied some sunscreen on Man and herself even though she was wearing an oversize T that covered her cuts. 

''The sun is really brutal up here that if you're not careful, your skin will look like a burned tomato when you leave this place'' She said as she finished tending to Mano's back.

''How do you survive with this heat? I mean the view is spectacular but this heat is just too much''

A throaty laugh left her lips ''Of coarse its too much but you get used to it and besides, other than your dad,  it definitely gives me reasons to be naked'' she put on her shades while sitting on one of the chaise lounges.

Mano did the same and they sat there in silence just enjoying the view and the hit, he could really get used to this. The small breeze from the ocean waves and the salty fresh air surrounding them and not to forget, his lovely mom sitting right beside him. All the mess and stress from school and work seemed to have gone on a vacation and for the first time ever since his life was turned upside down, he really could say he was relaxed.

Not even the end of the world could remove the smile that was plastered on his face ''Is too late for me to tell dad I want to stay here?''

Emmie sat up so fast, she risked a whiplash ''You want to stay here!? with me?'' 

Mano nodded but soon enough her smile dropped, ''You can't stay, you have work, school, and hell, the Xavier problem. And to think we were once best friends, he should not even think of getting near me because I swear I'll rip him to pieces, stupid stupid burned piece of bacon''

 ''Wait, you knew each other?'' Mano was more than shocked, he'd always thought they all had just started as enemies but to actually hear that they had been friends was just shocking.

''well, yes but its a long story it goes way back when we were just kids''

''well we have time''

Emmie sat comfortably, it was about to be a bumpy road, it had been long since last she thought about everything that happened with the families and the massacre that happened and all the bloody mess that was left behind, she still sometimes had the nightmares till this day.

''See in this business there were three families'' she started and Mano gave her all his attention. ''Us the Lions, The Jaguars and the Dragons, Xavier's family. They were all-powerful in this world and were feard but the Jaguars were the leaders of them all followed by us then the Dragons. We all were very close even though we were located in different and very apart parts of the world, we always communicated and would visit each other, I'm obviously talking about us the kids of the families. We were so young and carefree even though we knew we were involved in a Mafia, to us that was our normal. Always being surrounded by guards, online schooling, knowing how to use all sorts of weapons by the age of 10 and our childhood fun was to count how many guards you could beat down in a given time.