Prologue - Edited

Original draft published October 23, 2019

(note: some of these original published dates may not be accurate because Wattpad doesn't give me a definite date but I tried to make them as accurate as possible to give a sense of the timeline)

Edited version published August 23, 2020

WARNING: This story is going to get wild.

Seriously, soon I'll be talking about murder, adultery, prestige, money, social media, drugs, mental illness, vlogging, deranged family dynamics, and some incredibly cheesy (though, admittedly, rather enjoyable) 80's power ballads.

Oh, and spoiler alert! There will be death, death, and more death.

Still here? Okay, well, stay if you must—if you dare—but don't say I didn't warn you.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am your humble narrator. It doesn't really matter who I am; my job is to simply deliver the story as I see it to you, my reader. For all you know, I could be the reincarnation of Shakespeare himself, here to tell his edgiest story yet. Or I could just be a nerdy teenage girl. Whichever you choose to believe is fine with me.

Speaking of Shakespeare, you might notice that this story bears a striking resemblance to the great playwright's most beloved tragedy, Hamlet. This is completely coincidental, of course...well, okay, maybe it's not. In fact, it's purely intentional. Don't worry, the story that I'm about to tell you is no different from your favorite angsty tale of murder and procrastination in its essentials. This version is just a little more lit. And yes, the cringe is intentional, too. (I'm not an animal!)

So if you're still reading, buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy ride.