11

Theo's POV

"Hey mom?" I broke the silence of everyone eating

"Yes?"

"So, when this whole engagement thing happens are Aleck and I going to live together?"

Aleck quickly looked up from his food to my mom then me then back to my mom.

"Well, that's up to you and Aleck. I have talked to Aleck's parents about this and they said if you two wanted to live together they would get you an apartment"

Aleck looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"We'll talk about it I guess" I shrugged eating more hash.

I sat in class watching the teacher teach.

"Nimeni on Theo " my teacher said pointing to me

"My name is" I answered

"And in Finnish you would say"

"Nimeni on Theo"

As I said that the bell rang.

"hauskaa päivän jatkoa" my teacher said

"Have a nice day too" We all said.

Finnish is one of the hardest languages I've learned. We have to learn all languages because we go on field trips to the human world in different places. This year we're going to Finland. Last year was Japan.

"Theo, hurry up" I heard Aleck

I looked up from putting my folder away seeing Aleck by the door.

"Stop being slow"

I put the rest of my stuff in my bag and went to Aleck tripping on my shoes a bit.

"God damn you're clumsy" Aleck shook his head

"I'm sorry" I looked down at my feet as we walked to the cafeteria.

"You're sitting with me got it"

"Why? You hate me and so do your friends" I looked up at Aleck

"If we're getting engaged then I have to get use to being around you"

"Okay, then instead of your friends can we sit with mine?"

"Ha, you having friends? Fucking pathetic. Who wants to become friends with you" Aleck laughed

"Tyler" I glared at Aleck

"Oohhh, the guy who uses you as a sex toy, got it."

"I'm still his friend"

"Whatever you say. But no you have to sit with my friends"

"Dude stop being an attention seeker and fucking eat" one of Aleck's friends threw a carrot at me.

"I can't afford food" I whispered

"Can't afford food or do you just starve yourself" another person laughed.

I slid my mask over my face starting to cry. This is why I hate coming to the cafeteria. I have no money to buy food and people think I'm trying to starve myself.

I felt a hand on my thigh making me jump. I looked over seeing Aleck giving me a small smile. I'm guessing it's because he knows how I actually live now and how I don't have money.

"Theo why are you over here dude" Tyler came up to me

"I uh" how do I answer him? My soon to be fiancé stole me?

"I asked him to be here" Aleck said

"And he said yes?" Tyler looked confused

"Took some convincing but yeah, he did"

"Aleck, can I just leave" I looked at him

"No"

"Just let the loser go dude, he's nothing but a waste of space" One of Aleck's friend laughed

"Yeah he should just make things better and kill him self" another guy whispered

I stood up from the table making everyone look at me.

"Theo sit back down" Aleck grabbed my wrist.

I ripped him off of me and walked away crying. I hate this, I hate them, I hate everything about living.

No one cares about me, I'm always alone, I never really had anything. My best friend is my papa and he's dead.

Aleck doesn't even care about me, he's just forcing himself to do this because he has to. And Tyler just uses me as sex, he doesn't want to be my friend.

I ran out of the school crying. I'm so fucking pathetic.

Aleck's POV

Where the hell did he go?

"Theo" I called out as I walked in the woods "Theo where are you"

He left school and I haven't found him. It's already getting dark out.

"Theo please come out"

"Hi there" a little boy hung upside down from a tree

"Hey kid, have you seen a guy around my age, white hair? With a bull mask?" I asked him

"Are you talking about Theo? Hm, I think I saw him run past here a couple of minutes ago. He seems upset because he didn't talk to me today" the little boy frowned

"Thanks dude, also be careful on that tree"

I ran away from the boy looking for Theo again. At least I know I'm in the right place.

"I just don't know Elizabeth, he's not a good guy but recently he's been changing" I heard Theo's voice

I walked up to a tree and hid behind it seeing Theo sitting on a small bridge.

"Yeah, I know I should stay away but what can I do? We're in an arranged marriage. I have to stay with him" he started talking again.

He looked to his right like he was talking to someone. But there's no one there.

"What if I just go be with my papa? Then I wouldn't have to be forced to be with my bully. I wouldn't have to cause pain to my family anymore. They can sell my mask and get a lot of money from it"

Theo got up and stood on the edge of the bridge. Is he going to do what I think he is?

"Theo stop" I shouted running to him.

Why am I trying to stop him? I don't care about him. I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the edge. I held on Theo tightly shaking.

"Why the fuck were you going to jump, what the hell is wrong with you Theo? Do you not understand what you were about to lose? Your parents and your grandma need you, do you not see that?" I screamed starting to cry.

"Why do you care? They'll be better off without me, they'll have more money and they wont have to worry about me anymore. You won't have to marry me so why does it matter, why do you care all of the sudden?"

"I don't know Theo, I don't know why I care but right now I do so shut up and let me take you home" I got up from the ground pulling Theo up with me.