18. What the hell happened?

Karn rushed to find Sindhuraj Jayadrath in a heated argument with Arjun.

"What happened?", he asked Sahadev.

"In a hurry, Bhrata Arjun spilled juice on Sindhuraj", Sahadev replied.

"So?"

"Sindhuraj blames Bhrata Arjun that he did it intentionally", Sahadev said coldly.

"Arrey yaar", Karn facepalmed himself and walked towards the Angry Duo. "What is the matter?", he asked.

"It's nothing", Arjun said to Karn.

"Whaat? You spill juice on me. You disrespect me and you call it nothing?", Jayadrath asked angrily.

"I apologized several times to you for that. What more do you want me to do?", Arjun raised his voice.

"How dare you raise your voice against me? Is this the way you treat your guests?", Jayadrath yelled.

"Please calm down Sindhuraj", Karn said.

"Angaraj, why are you asking him to shut up when Prince Arjun is at fault?", Shakuni jumped in.

"Mamashree please don't meddle in stuffs that doesn't involve you", Nakul joined in.

"Oh my God! Pandu Putr disrespected me. Is this the way you were taught? Is this the way you were brought up?", Shakuni shouted with an offended face.

"Gandharraj please stop being over-dramatic", Karn said.

"What Arjun? Can't you defend yourself? You want a sutputr to defend you?", Jayadrath asked with an evil smirk.

Karn's expression turned cold. As he was about to reply, Arjun beat him to it. "Don't you dare talk to him like that", Arjun said pointing his fingers towards Jayadrath.

"Don't you dare raise your finger against me you coward", Jayadrath said.

"Ha! Look who is talking. Try insulting Angaraj like that infront of Duryodhan. He will slaughter you right here. He won't show mercy on you inspite of you being his sister's husband like I do now", Arjun said with cold eyes.

Karn stood between them holding them back. "Guys please calm down", he said. Jayadrath shoved Karn's hand away.

"The great Pandu Putron are not great after all. They do not know how to treat their guests. I do not know how they are going to rule this kingdom in the future", Shakuni said.

"Yeah I know where this conversation is leading to and I want you to stop it right now", Karn said but his words fell in deaf ears.

"Gandharraj! Are you sure they are Pandu Putron first?", Jayadrath said in a low tone audible only to the few, "Who knows how this son of a bitch was born?"

That's it. That was the last straw. Arjun's eyes shot in anger. And everything happened too fast. Arjun pulled out his dagger and lashed out at Jayadrath and he drew blood. It took both the Pandavs to hold him back and Yudhister rushed to calm him down. The whole place was silent. Mahamantri Vidhur, Pitamah Bheeshm & Krishna rushed to them after hearing the hustle. Jayadrath was on the ground crying in pain. Arjun was still angry with the dagger in his hand.

"What the hell is happening here?", Maharaj Dhritirashtran entered the area along with his helper Sanjayan. "Vidhur what happened?", He asked again loudly.

"Well- actually- I don't know", Vidhur said not able to figure out what happened.

"Angaraj you are bleeding", Krishna stated.

"What?", Arjun broke out of his angry trance and found Jayadrath on the floor and Karn had a nasty cut on his upper arm and the dagger in his hand was stained with Karn's blood.

"Oh My God!", Arjun exclaimed dropping the dagger to the floor. He realized that he had stabbed Karn instead of Jayadrath. But he couldn't figure out how he missed the right guy.

"Oh my God Arjun what did you do?", Vidhur asked.

"I- er- I didn't- no-", Arjun stammered.

"How dare you do something like this?", Shakuni jumped in, "Prince Arjun raised his weapon in a friendly meet. How can he do that? This deserves a punishment", Shakuni used the opportunity.

"Arjun?", Maharaj asked with a disappointed frown.

"Maharaj I couldn't help it after what he said", Arjun said giving Jayadrath a dirty look who was now standing behind Karn.

"Who?", Maharaj asked.

"Oh Maharaj! Prince Arjun raised his weapon for something simple said by the king of Si-", Shakuni was interrupted before he could finish.

"Angadesh, Maharaj", Karn completed.

Shakuni gave him a puzzled look.

"Arjun raised his weapon against me", Karn said. He then looked at a confused Arjun and asked, "Why do you hate me so much Prince Arjun? Why do you have to be a child about everything?", Karn said and gave Sahadev a wink. Sahadev understood and decided to play along.

"What expression did you expect after speaking to my brother like that?", Sahadev asked angrily.

"Putron just tell us what happened", Pitamah Bheeshm asked.

"Well Arjun was working well and a few girls were looking at him longingly", Karn started saying what came to his mind first not knowing how to end it.

"Then Angaraj went to him and said as I quote, 'Wow Prince Arjun! Who said you are the best archer? You are the best at wooing pretty ladies'. So my brother got angry", Sahadev finished.

"I meant it as a JOKE", Karn yelled playing along.

"But that was a disgusting remark", Sahadev said.

"What is wrong with you guys?", Karn asked faking annoyance.

Jayadrath and Shakuni who were witnessing this were left in utter shock. 'Did they just twist the whole situation into nothing?', they thought. Jayadrath pulled Karn roughly by his shoulder to look at him, "What are you doing? That was not what happened", he asked him in a low voice.

"Yeah I know exactly what happened. You should thank me coz I saved you", Karn said.

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

"What do you think will happen if Maharaj came to know that Arjun raised his weapon against you because you badmouthed Rajamata Kunti? That you talked ill about his sister-in-law who he respects a lot? He will behead you. Be happy that I pushed you away in time to save you from Arjun. Be happy that I didn't kill you myself. You are married to my sister so for God's sake don't make her hate you. Get the hell out of here Jayadrath coz your idea wont work", Karn bit his teeth and hissed audible only to him and Shakuni. Shakuni pulled Jayadrath and moved aside.

Karn turned around to find Kunti scolding Arjun who was accepting it without uttering a single word.

"Prince Arjun, I wish for you to grow up. Please don't be childish. But since rules are rules, you have to be punished", Maharaj said, "Mahamantri Vidhur?"

Karn looked at Vidhur and shook his head.

"I leave that decision to Angaraj Karn", Vidhur said. 

Arjun looked up in fear, 'Awesome! This guy is gonna take his revenge for everything I did to him before', he thought. Karn looked at him and smirked as if he heard his thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Yes! Chapter 18 just happened. Wait a sec? Did Karn just twist the whole plot? Did he just save Arjun from falling into the ditch dug by Shakuni and Jayadrath? So what punishment is he gonna give Arjun? Stay tuned to find out. Feel free to express your thoughts on this chapter and dont forget the star button. Thanks a ton!!