19. Handled like hell

'Awesome! This guy is gonna take his revenge for everything I did to him before', Arjun thought. Karn looked at him and smirked as if he heard his thoughts.

Karn went near Arjun and stood to his full height. Arjun gulped preparing himself for the worst punishment. Karn put his hand on Arjun's shoulder, "I am so sorry for what I said to you and I forgive you for this nasty little wound", he said. Arjun looked at him in shock and so did everyone. "I want you to go to your chamber right now and forget everything", Karn said strictly. He then pulled Arjun for a hug and whispered into his ears, "I am sorry for what Sindhuraj said and I am so sorry that he got away with that comment. But trust me now is not the time." Arjun was stunned. Karn broke the hug, "Now get out of my face", Karn said aloud with his expressionless stare.

"I am sorry", Arjun said everyone and walked away hiding his moist eyes.

Karn looked at everyone, "Okay the show's over. I think we can get back to normal. We are sorry for interrupting your good moods. I wish for everyone to forget what happened and move on", he said with a smile.

Everyone went back to whatever it is they were doing. Dushala, Yudhister, Nakul and Sahadev gave Karn thankful nods. Kunti smiled at Karn through tears. It was then Pitamah Bheeshm who asked, "where is Duryodhan and Bheem?"

"Uhh- Duryodhan fell ill", Karn said fast.

"Yes", Vidhur joined him, "Duryodhan had a headache so he went to his chamber. He didn't want to spoil the festivities"

"He didn't want to worry anyone. So Bheem is with him to make sure he is alright", Karn finished.

"What more can happen?", Maharaj muttered and moved away.

"Seriously? Duryodhan and Bheem?", Vidhur asked Karn.

"Don't worry Mahamanthri. Duryodhan passed out", Karn said making Vidhur smile as he left to talk to the Maharaj.

"That was well handled", Krishna came and patted Karn's back. Karn smiled. "I think I should go check on my Paarth", Krishna added.

"No leave him alone", Karn said.

Krishna pouted, "Whatever you say Angaraj", he said.

Karn looked at a nervous Subhadra standing alone. He excused himself and went to her.

"Why so nervous?", he asked.

"Nothing", she replied sadly.

"Knowing Prince Arjun, he will not be in his chambers now. Try the archery range", Karn said.

Subhadra looked at Karn and smiled, "You want me to go talk to him?", she asked.

"Don't you want to?", Karn asked raising his eyebrows.

"Ofcourse yes", she said hurriedly then smiled shyly.

"He would appreciate your company", Karn said making her blush.

"Thanks", she said and ran to meet Arjun.

Karn smiled and turned around to come face to face with an angry Krishna.

"You know she is my sister right?", Krishna asked staring at Karn.

"I thought the Prince and Princess were good friends", Karn replied with an innocent face. Krishna smiled and Karn smirked.

"I knew you always had a soft corner for Paarth", Krishna said.

"Shshh!! Don't say it aloud. I have a reputation to maintain", Karn smiled and they walked away.