Chapter 9: A Party Underground

(Note: y/f/c= your favorite color)
January 10, 1482 Paris, France

Esmeralda's POV:
I walked through the Court of Miracles, a smile on my face. Clopin had decided to throw a huge party in honor of y/n's homecoming. "Esmeralda! Are you sure y/n has no idea about the party tonight?" Clopin asked. "Positive!" I exclaimed, beaming brightly. "She's going to love it!" He nodded before walking off to finish setting up the decorations. I walked to my closet, looking through all of my dresses. I wanted to look perfect. I also needed to find something for y/n to wear. I selected a y/f/c dress for y/n before finding the red dress I had worn for the festival days ago. I smiled brightly. She's going to love this. I went to find y/n and give her the dress I had picked out for her. She was looking around the Court of Miracles curiously. I smiled. "Y/N! There you are! Here, put this dress on," I said. "What's this for?" She asked. I smiled softly. "It's a surprise," I whispered. She blushed softly. "Okay. I guess I'll go get changed and meet you back here then?" she asked. I nodded. I watched as she dismissed herself to our tent. I couldn't wait to see how the dress looked on her...

Y/N's POV:
I walked into the tent that Esmeralda and I shared to change into the dress she had given me. It was a beautiful dress. I got changed quickly and exited the tent. I smiled to see Esmeralda waiting for me. "So, how do I look?" I asked, twirling around. "Beautiful," she whispered. I blushed lightly as she kissed my cheek. "Thank you. Now, will you please tell me what the surprise is?" I pushed. "Not yet," she teased, grinning from ear to ear. I groaned. "It'll be worth the wait," she promised. I sighed, knowing she'd never tell me. Esmeralda smiled brightly. She took my hand and led me through the Court.

Esmeralda's POV:
I took y/n's hand and led her through the Court. I was ecstatic. She smiled softly. I watched her face light up as I led her into the main part of the Court, which had been decorated for the party. "You did all this for me?" she asked. I nodded. "Welcome home, my Queen." She laughed and wrapped me in a hug before kissing me sweetly. I wrapped my arms around her waist, kissing her deeply. She wrapped her arms around my neck. We both pulled away blushing. She looked away shyly. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me," I muttered. "It's okay," she whispered. "I liked it." I blushed. "Well, we should probably go enjoy the party." I took her hand and we walked into the party, together. "May I have this dance?" I asked. She giggled. "You may." I pulled her close, spinning her around the stone floor. She twirled along with me to the melody. "This is perfect. Thank you," she whispered. I smiled. "You're welcome." She hugged me tightly. "I love you," she said. I smiled. "I love you too." And for that one moment, everything was perfect. And then that moment ended...