S E V E N

"I was never nothing special"
[tragic endings - Eminem]

Mack let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, her closed fist hovering over the bold wooden door in front of her

Mack let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, her closed fist hovering over the bold wooden door in front of her. She inhaled deeply before exhaling, rasping her hand against the cool material. After a moment of silence there was scuffling behind it and the door swung open, Ben standing there with an all-too-familiar expression on his face. His irritation irked from his features - eyebrows pulled together in a scowl, nose wrinkled slightly and lips down-turned into a slight frown.

"What are you doing here?" He sassed, the very same irritation evident in his moody tone. Mack rolled her eyes and pushed past him, taking a seat on one of the leather stools at the kitchen counter.

"We need to talk." She deadpanned. Ben looked at his girlfriend as if she had just spoken Latin. She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, taking a deep breath before continuing. "W-we should break up. I'm breaking up with you." She sighed, glad she managed to form the words. Ben's face of irritation was swiftly replaced with one of pure rage. He crossed the short distance between them with a few short strides, so he stood towering over the girl - his anger-filled eyes boring into hers.

"You can't break up with me." He laughed, his expression now one of amusement. Mack's scowl grew. She balled her fists, pushing herself out of the chair so she gained a few more inches to her boyfriend's belittling height, trying to make herself seem big.

"What do you mean I 'can't break up with you'?! You don't control me, dick." Mack spat with fire, her glare shooting daggers through Ben. He scoffed.

"Oh please. Why are you even trying to break up with me anyway?" He has to be joking. There was no way he didn't know why. Mack's palm connected with his cheek - or at least it tried to. Ben was fast, catching her wrist with his hand before she managed to strike him. He lowered his face closer to hers.

"You fucking raped me." She growled through gritted teeth. The idea was clearly funny to Ben, as he chuckled deeply. He cocked his head at her.

"It's not rape if you enjoyed it, slut. And as normal, I can tell you enjoyed every. Damn. Second." Ben laughed, his grip on her wrist tightening.

"I did not enjoy it, you sick freak! Did my screams for help not explain that to you?" Mack retorted, making Ben breathe a humourless laugh through his nose.

"The only freak you're seeing is that guy Parker. There's no way you two aren't fucking - the way you look at each other. You practically undress him with your eyes whenever you're in the same goddamned room as him." Ben shot back, the anger back in his face. Mack scoffed.

"Me and Kai? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! The guy's a dick, I'd never be into him!" She hissed, jerking her hand free of his grasp. She went to move around him, but the boy held his ground. He blocked her way with his body, grabbing both her wrists in his hands and pinning them to the wall behind her.