E I G H T

"Keep you huntin' for my lovin'"
[I think I'm in love again - Kat Dahlia]

"Keep you huntin' for my lovin'" [I think I'm in love again - Kat Dahlia]

"Why the long face?" Kai taunted, making Mack scoff and roll her eyes. Ever since Halloween, Kai has constantly been hanging around Mack, meeting her at her locker, bothering her and Jo at lunch, insisting on driving her to and from school. He claimed it was to 'prevent anything happening with Ben' and to 'keep that son of a bitch's wandering hands' far, far away from her. She hated it at first, finding it way too constricting and suffocating. But now she was used to it, a month down the line and she started to like his little visits.

"I don't have a long face." She snapped, shutting her locker with a bang. Kai scoffed.

"Yeah, it's just been replaced with a snappy attitude. "He muttered, following Mack down the busy hallway. "Anyway, you'll be happy to know I'm taking you on a date tonight." Mack's eyes widened but Kai couldn't see that.

"A date? I'm not your girlfriend." Mack shot back, keeping walking.

"Yet." Kai mused, before chuckling and continuing. "Well, I thought since you never have fun anymore,"

"I do!"

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, since you never have fun anymore, I thought I would take you out on a date."

"Why?"

"Because we're gonna make your ex boo a little jealous." Kai said, strutting in front of Mack and bopping her on the nose. Mack scoffed, rolling her eyes and keeping walking, Kai falling into stride beside her. "So I was thinking, there's this party-"

"Party?! Kai what happened at the last party you went to?!" She cut him off instantly, horrified at his suggestion.

"If he keeps his grimy hands off you there won't be a problem. Anyway, so we'll go to the party, make sure Ben can see us, do a little dirty dancing," he winked at her, "maybe make out a little-"

"I am not making out with you, dick." Mack retorted.

"Okay, whatever you say Kenz." He whistled, throwing his arm over her shoulders, a smirk prominent on his lips.

"Fine." She finally agreed. Kai opened his mouth to say something but Mack was already talking again. "But no fights, no getting drunk and no going back to your house alone. Got it?" She pointed a finger at him, a stern expression on her face. He nodded.

"So no having fun? Cool." Kai mused, dragging her down the hall with him.

"This is me." Mack announced as they reached her class.

"See you later babe." Kai grinned, leaning to kiss her cheek and Mack shoved him away with her hand, muttering a 'get outta here' before shaking her head and biting her lip to hide a smile. Kai left grinning, waving goodbye as he continued down the corridor.