Im back!

The trio was making their way to Shalour City. It's been a while since they've done something like this; camping out, Clemont fixing them something to eat, and setting up tents. Traveling together felt very nostalgic to Ash, especially since it's been so long that he's traveled.

Clemont: So I haven't caught with what you've been up to these days, Ash. How's life?

Ash: Pretty great! I've been doing a good amount of traveling. In recent days, I've been relaxing at home in Pallet Town. It's been a while since It e been able to kick back and relax at home and gather my thoughts about my future, ya know?

Clemont: I see! It's good to see that you're taking care of yourself first and foremost!

Bonnie: You know... I could've sworn I've seen you before on T.V., Ash... Are you sure you aren't the one whose famous here?

Ash: Hmm.. I mean, I did was win the Alola Championship—

Clemont: *Shocked* YOU WHAT?! I get the honor of standing next to the Alola Champion right now?!

Ash: Oh, yeah. I should've mentioned that earlier! *laughing*

Bonnie: It must be a casual thing for you, going around and being the Champion of Alola. Wow, things really do change in 8 years!

Clemont: Do you feel any different?

Ash: Hm? What do you mean?

Clemont: I mean, you've gotten a huge push forwards towards your goal, right?

Ash: Hm... I wouldn't say that! Being a Pokemon Master is much more than that!

Clemont: Much more than being the Champion?

Ash: Yup! I want to be the best of the best!

Bonnie: *To Dedenne* Well, I guess some things remain the same too, huh.

Dedenne: Ne, ne.

Bonnie: Wow, so a Champion and a Kalos Queen. Clemont, we must be really lucky to be standing before such important figures!

Clemont: I know, right?

Ash: *laughing* Maybe for Serena, but I wouldn't say the same for me. Especially since I've been living a more low-key lifestyle these recent years, I think I'm a little off the fame radar at the moment.

Clemont: I see. Well, that's good too I guess. Anything to keep you in the right headspace is most important.

Ash: Yup! *Noticing it's getting late* Oh. The sky.

Clemont: *Taking notice* Woah, it's gotten late already?

Bonnie: I mean, we did leave the house pretty late.

Clemont: That's true. I did take quite a bit of time to gather all of my traveling gear for the outing we'd do today.

Ash: Well, I'll get my tent ready!

Clemont and Bonnie: *looking at each other confused and staring back at Ash* Huh?

Clemont: We could just go to the Pokémon Center and call it a night over there.

Ash: Nah! After all this time of reliving the good old days in Kalos, it wouldn't feel the same if we travelled and didn't camp out! Besides, I miss your cooking!

Clemont: That's true. What do you think Bonnie?

Bonnie: Sounds good to me!

Ash and Bonnie spent a good portion of their time putting up their tents, as their tent making skills were a little rusty after all this time. Clemont, on the other hand, was cooking his newly improved signature stew. It was enough to fill the air with a scrumptious aroma that attracted wild Pokémon from afar. Just a whiff of that made Ash's stomach roar.