Love she deserved (Part 3)

Sakura went to her room feeling disappointment. She couldn't believe he said that. It wasn't her fault she got married to him, it wasn't her fault he couldn't be happy with her, did he even realize that she is also struggling as much as he is? Even if it was her fault she got married to him, at least she knew she wasn't the reason they have separated yet.

That day when they went to Itachi's home she was surprised when he said he wanted to talk to her privately, and the conversation which took between them surprised her even more.

FLASHBACK

"I can see that you two still haven't adjusted to each other" Itachi said with a sad tone,

"I am really sorry, I am really trying to get used to it but-" Sakura didn't get to finish his sentence when Itachi spoke up,

"don't apologize, it's not your fault he is like that. I know him pretty well, he usually wants to be alone and doesn't want any burden on himself, right now he is just annoyed by this marriage"

"then what if I..., my father has always respected my opinion he would probably understand me" Sakura said in a sad tone.

"are you talking about divorce?" Itachi asked in a surprised manner

"I am, actually. If this could help Sasuke in anyway I will do it" Sakura said in a confident tone

"don't, at least if your are doing this for Sasuke" Itachi said in a serious tone

"what do you mean, it is clear that Sasuke isn't happy with this marriage"

"he isn't happy with the marriage, but why do you think he didn't come up with the idea himself?" Itachi asked her

"huh?" Sakura couldn't find the answer to him question

"It's because Sasuke goes by our father's wishes, he has never gone against them and he has never disapointed our father. He knew that his father would be dissapointed if he breaks the marriage that's why he didn't do anything"

"So should we live like this forever, like strangers living in the same house?" Sakura couldn't accept this

Itachi looked at her for a minute and replied

"no not forever, it might take some time but I know he would change, as harsh as he can be even he has a soft spot and would show you"

"How can you be so sure?" Sakura was still not satisfied be his words

"There is no one who knows him better than me, I am sure of it, I promise you he will change"

Sakura felt a bit happy by his words, she was determined to wait, she gave him a smile in reply and he smiled back at her

"Thank you Itachi-san"

"Don't thank me, after all you are my sister-in-law"

FLASHBACK ENDS

What he told that day did give her a bit of encouragement, but things didn't seem to change seeing happened right now, so she decided if he really wants it to be this way then fine she would stop trying from now on.

"It's not worth it anyway" she muttered to herself and went to sleep.

What she didn't realize was Sasuke had actually decided to change as Itachi told her he would.

THE NEXT DAY