6

Kaspbrak Residence, Derry, Maine
Sunday 17th July 1992
8:04 pm

————————————————

Richie had been excited all day, anticipation manifesting itself into little butterflies fluttering around his stomach. He couldn't believe he was sleeping over at Eddie's, just him and Eds.

A couple years ago if Eddie had asked him to sleep over, he wouldn't have been as excited, or he at least wouldn't show it, knowing that the feelings he had deep within him weren't mutual. But recently, he had been feeling tension between him and Eddie, while flirting with each other had become their favourite pass time.

Richie wasn't the only one to notice this shift in their relationship either, for Beverly had spoken to Richie about it a few weeks prior, telling him he was 'so incredibly gay for Eddie Kaspbrak' and 'don't you dare deny it!'

Richie didn't deny it.

The lanky boy stood outside Eddie's house on his front porch, the moonlight beginning to tickle his skin, casting a beautiful pure white spotlight on him. Excitedly, with a hint of nerves, he reached out and pressed the doorbell hard.

Eddie opened the door almost immediately, as though he'd been waiting there the whole time just for Richie to arrive.

"Woah, Eds, were you sat there waiting for me? I know I'm irresistible but-" Richie enquired with an eyebrow raise. His eyes scanned Eddie's body, looking him up and down.

"What, no! I was just, I was just going to the kitchen and then the bell rang as I walked past so I opened it-" Eddie rambled on trying to protest, his cheeks flushing red at Richie's eyes on him. Hint, he had been waiting. For about twenty minutes.

"Eds, I can tell when you're lying," Richie smirked, stepping through the door and into Eddie's home. Their bodies were so close, almost touching each other. Richie had expected Eddie to move back, but he didn't.

"Shut up," Eddie said, trying to stifle his huge grin forming on his face as he pushed Richie backwards slightly with his small hands, "You wanna go upstairs?"

"That sounds vaguely sexual."

"Beep beep, Chee."

—————————————

Stan sat on the edge of a huge rock, more like a cliff height wise, his legs dangling idly off the side. He looked up at the sky which was turning darker and more menacing by the second, caught up in a wondrous daydream.

A storm is coming, Stan thought to himself.

However, his thoughts were soon interrupted by cautious footsteps coming from behind him. His head snapped around and he was met with a beautiful sapphire-eyed lean-legged boy.

Silently, Bill slipped next to Stan and mirrored his posture, his legs coming down a little longer than Stan's.

Stan didn't turn to look at Bill; he was too engaged in bird watching, he kidded himself. In reality, it was probably something to do with the ever-growing fluttery feeling deep in the pit of his stomach.

"D-did you find a-any b-b-birds while I was gone?" Bill broke the silence, looking at Stanley, his head tilted slightly to the side.