8

Kaspbrak Residence, Derry, Maine
Monday 18th July 1992
11:47 am

———————————

"What the fuck?!" A grating voice angrily echoed throughout the small box bedroom. It was followed by the sound of something heavily dropping to the floor.

The familiar voice made Eddie's eyes shoot open, his body jolting upwards much like how Richie had done when he'd had his nightmare. Only this wasn't a nightmare, it was real life. And Sonia Kaspbrak was really standing in Eddie's bedroom doorway, her mouth gaping open and her bags from staying over at his aunt's house last night sitting on the floor by her feet after dropping them in shock.

Why is she shocked? What the fuck is wrong? Why is she standing there like I just committed a crime or something? Why-

Eddie looked to his side seeing a cute sleeping shirtless boy lying next to him, cuddling up to his warm skin. Eddie looked down and saw his own bare sun-kissed skin too.

Immediately, he felt his vision cloud, "M-Mommy I- I can explain just-" Eddie begun before being cut off by Sonia's high-pitched tone.

"How are you possibly going to explain this, Eddie Bear?" Her voice wasn't mad. No, it was worse. It was wispy with a slight raspy edge to it, her tone taunting him subtly, mocking him.

Eddie's breath caught in his throat as tears rolled down his cheeks. He felt his face flame like a wild fire, untameable and unstoppable, as it soon spread to the rest of his body. His torso was now on fire. He didn't say anything. He physically couldn't.

"Get up," Sonia growled, her eyes piercing and staring into Eddie's soul.

Eddie didn't move. He was so shocked she was here, so mortified, so... so... embarrassed.

"I said get the fuck up!" The plump woman repeated, her voice louder and more demanding causing Eddie to jump.

"Eddie?" A deep sleepy voice murmured.

Eddie's large Bambi eyes shot to his left, seeing a tired Richie slowly beginning to wake up from his deep slumber.

"What's the racket, Eds?" Richie giggled, his drowsy eyes taking in Eddie's beautiful olive skin as his hand reached out to gently caress Eddie's chest. He didn't even notice the discomfort in Eddie's eyes. Richie had only just awoke, after all. "What's wrong, bub?" Richie gently planted a light kiss on Eddie's belly.

Suddenly, a small hand was shoving Richie's face away, causing Richie to curse and stare at Eddie in confusion. Did last night mean nothing to him? Were they just going to forget about their love confessions?

Richie was now facing Eddie's scared little red face as he reached a short, podgy finger out to the doorway, unable to say a word. It was as though his vocal chords had been frozen along with his expression of fear plastered on his face.

She stood there, unhealthily lumpy, her eyes bulging out of her eye sockets as if they would pop any second, her mouth dangling open, her eyebrows furrowed, creating a wizened facial expression.

"Fuck," Richie whispered, terrified.

———————————

A/N sorry this is a short chapter, i don't have the motivation to write anymore right now but i really wanted to update for you guys <3

i've not been doing great mentally, particularly this week, if i'm being honest, and school is super draining since i have a 10 hour school day with commuting and that so YiKeS issa lot but you all make me smile so much with all your comments and love so i hope you're all doing amazing! MWAH <3